1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do Men have All the Fun ??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bmaquarius, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Men and Women have always worked. Men outside, Women inside.

What bothers me is that because Women are compelled to work like a Man outside of home (because many males no longer take care of wives and children, at least in USA), Males believe they can retreat in their Mancave, rather than lower the burden of their Wife's work.

Only marriage I will accept is if Man takes roles and duties as Head of Household, rather than acting arrogant as if he is Head of Household, but does nothing.

Men and Women are different, living side-by-side. Look at Lord Shiva and Parvati

nakshatra1 likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:A very well equipoised view of woman as an individual and as a partner in family life. I enjoyed every sentence in this post and I am with U. Thanks for you thoughtful way of looking at life particularly of woman of today and woman of yore. Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

My H told me that if you want to be a PM go ahead. Don't expect from me to take care of kids or any other households. You can keep maids helpers but their responsibility will be yours. I will not discourage you for anything you want to do and will not complaint about any of my work. But its your journey you have to handle in your own way. And if you stay at home then i will take care of all of your expenses and will try to do best of my ability so that you can enjoy your life at ease. This is the thinking of most of the men and he is not different in this case. The difference is only he stated clearly everything and I too accepted him as the way he is as he also did the same to me(accepted me the way I am).

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

No words to praise what you said. Really great observation and experience. "JUST" nothing more to say. I was also a child of working parents lived in creche for many years. I can understand that feeling of a child. And this life is not a race to win its a chance to grow as a human as we get a rare chance to prove our humanity not to count the dollars or rupees that we earned throughout our life.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Very true. Nothing defines a women's capability either working or not. Being happy with the present situation and managing everything to best of our ability is the only right way of living the life. You are doing a great job.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

You both have a good equation. You are lucky his thinking matches with yours. And he is lucky to have you.
    But I think if a woman wants to have a career, that's not a crime, and husband shouldn't say he will not help with kids or household work.If a man earning enough he can say "If you work-I will not support you; But if you stay at home I'll take care of expenses " , but it will always be considered as "his" money. If she wants to spend on her parents, she has to think a hundred times. She will feel guilty if she buys anything expensive for herself. I'm not saying it must be your case, maybe your husband considers it as joint money gives you equal financial freedom for planning and spending. But I am telling what will happen in most of the situations.
    Problem is that women's work at home is not valued enough, and husband's take for granted. Husbands need to change there mentality and realise that women's work at home, has monetary value apart form the intrinsic value. Inspite of everything she does, she is considered non-earning member, and husband/inlaws' always try to maintain their superiority. So view towards stay-at-home-moms need to change and their work must be valued rather than taken for granted.
    I feel women should have a choice, and if spouse tells she cannot work(that's what it means when he say I will not help to take care of kids or household work or even managing maids if you work) then it's not correct. It is equivalent to a homemaker telling her husband-"your job is to earn money, and you are not allowed to have a life of your own. You should work all waking hours a day, and earn specific amount of money, promotions and hikes, you cannot waste time having hobbies/friends/passions ; if you do that instead of working all hours- then I will not take care of kids or cook." Is that ok?
    Sometimes, both need to work , because not all husbands earn great plus financial support and inheritance from his parents . So, every wife doesn't have choice to be homemaker. In that case, the husband has to do his share of household work and child care. For some women, it is about passion and freedom. That case too, her rights can't be curbed.
    It is working in your case because you both want exactly the same things, so you are lucky. But it is rare to have such compatibility, so people should give freedom to each other.

MonikaSG likes this.
  7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Yes the things you said are right. In my case nothing comes in my way.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017