1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do Men have All the Fun ??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bmaquarius, Sep 25, 2015.

1. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Dear Maam,
    Just wanted to say the maturity you reflect in your posts on the joint family system and this post is really impressive..:hatsoff.. Thank you for sharing your wisdom .

1 person likes this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Docathome,
    Thanks for your response.

Jayasala 42

3. jayasala42

As the title suggests, men may have all the fun if the subject is analysed from some other angle.
    It is reported in a recent survey conducted worldwide that women soar high early, but lose their sheen later.within first 5 years ,nearly 40% of women below 30 years have the first break either due to marriage, resettlement or first delivery.This break is likely to become more or less permanent.Re entry at the same level or same salary is almost impossible.Even though there is option of working from home is there, it is found that after a break of even six months, over the change in priority in family life, women don't catch up with new technologies as efficiently as they did earlier and they have to work much harder to get assimilated into the evolving system.
    It is this break created to women due to force of circumstances that make many men have all the fun and benefit in their carrier, not because his wife brings home a handsome income and does most part of domestic job.Many men eagerly wait for their senior women collegues to get married or attain motherhood so that they get a lucrative offer in her place.This condition is stated to prevail not only in India but throught the globe.

Jayasala 42

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bmaq,

i read with interest what u have written. Yes working women are doing a lot more, even if they are earning, they are working at home too after office hours, the kids, hubby, grocery shopping etc.

in the earlier days most women wer homemakers, it was the husbanmd who worked hard and brought in the money. The roles were divided, today they blur, with the wife alos earning, sheis educated, so why not.

i admire the housewife, or homemaker as they say now, for it is not easy to handle thekids, eductaion, housework like cooking etc, even if u have the maids, and if the woman is working, then double work.

Hats off to women , whether working or homemakers, for i know what it is, my wife is ahomemaker, so is my mom, what we are today is bcs of them.

Great blog, well written.

Regards

kamal

joylokhi, nakshatra1 and bmaquarius like this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

"Why is it worth it to you ?" question should be asked and answered by both parties, at least once a year, if not more frequently.
    If a girl is doing an 18 hr. day with family, chores and work-outside-the-home, and the husband is doing 12, there has to be something intangible that the wife sees in the husband to slave away like that. Perhaps it is worth it, perhaps it is not. Each couple will have to find out for themselves.

I am not recommending that you go and have a debate (or argument) over it, but just think about it and get to "why am I doing this ?" Good luck.

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for answering here, but the reason is clear - women still have very few PALATABLE options. If they opt not to marry, they are plagued by so many societal irritations, it becomes hard for them to handle.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Jayasala42,

This beautiful and detailed reply has been nominated to FP of the month by Satchitananda who recognizes excellence when she sees one! Congratulations.

I too read your reply with interest and you have analysed the situation very well. Motherhood comes naturally to us, we just have no choice! Other things such as job and profession is something we choose, practice, like dislike or whatever. We have a choice!

When we combine both, most often we bite off more than we can chew. But not to forget that it is like almost the whole universe is merging together to make it possible in this day and age! Day cares, nannies, work facilities, paid leave for mothers etc exist world over. They may still not be a substitute for a mother who is twenty four hours beside her child, yet, one cannot deny the fact that much is being done to facilitate this modern day trend of 'working mothers'! Like you say, all depends on what one makes of the given situation!

Loved that you mention about the child's point of view in the whole situation, often forgotten! Also, that 'old is gold' being taken far too seriously!

I cannot but admire all the women who seem to combine their various roles so beautifully!

L, Kamla

8. jayasala42

Dear Kamala,
    Thank you very much stepping in.As days advance, in a modern scientific world, perception also changes and it has to change.As long as the society evolves,the past will always be gold.

Jayasala 42

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laks,

Your reply had made a deep impression on me even as I read it a few days ago. I am so glad that Oriana nominated this to FP .

Everyone praises bygone days and what one experiences in childhood because those are our innocent and carefree dayas. As a child, one mostly remembers the pleasant things as unpleasantness is normally shielded from the child.

I do agree that olden days were uncomplicated with less electronics and simple wants. If it was complicated, the child did not know! Same now. Our young ones do not think that their parents are going through tough times raising them! They only know how enjoyable their life and they go about their lives with carefree abandon! And that's the way it should be!

Hence, it was nice to see you mention what sacrifices a dad does in this modern day and age. With women asserting their rights and independence, man is lending his hand in more than one way. It would be a gross injustice to say that man has all the fun! :)

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Beautifully articulated ...
    some are happy to work(passion/identity), for some its nothing just a triple burden wage slavery combined with slaving away at home.
    Some enjoy homemaking , some find it monotonous and unfulfilling.

But the actual sad fact is nowadays, it's no longer a choice... many women are nowadays expected to be financially independent.
    Earlier, parents used to advise woman to be financially independent to secure her own future in a patriarchal society, nowadays increasingly the pressure is coming from spouse/inlaws

Somewhere, something has gone wrong

MonikaSG likes this.