Why Do Bad Things Happen If God Exists??

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by anika987, May 10, 2018.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

2. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I finished the book , thank you. And I think if thats the only detail that stuck to your mind, you are not evolved enough to understand what starvation does to a human body and mind and that there was something very inspiring about this survival story that millions of people found some message in it.

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

(a) I was pulling your leg. :beer-toast1:
    (b) Inspiring messages notwithstanding, the question as to whether God would encourage or permit cannibalism so that the soul may grow is entirely germane to this discussion.
    I may not understand starvation, but I do understand hunger. The story goes much deeper than that. It is God who continues to defy understanding.

And it's not just me*.

*This NYT article dates from 1974. The scanned version online has many typos, probably introduced by OCR. You can access a high-res PDF from the link at the bottom of that page, if you have access.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  4. IamAlia

IamAlia New IL'ite

I was a believer too, used to pray and pray with full faith and belief that my prayers will be answered. But one after the other I had to face such difficult situations that I totally lost faith. I have unfriended God. Don't think he exists, never came to my rescue. I see people who are so bad get everything in life but inspite of being a fair person my life keeps getting worse. Where is the justice?