1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why did your Last Friendship End?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vennella, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

@udasgirl

It's good that it ended that way. Seems like they can be friends when only certain conditions are met. Obviously you are not going to be working for them for life! What is the need to get upset about that? Surely, some people don't know how to keep professional and personal matters separate.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

@coolgal123

it's definitely more difficult to have neighbors like that. Some people are like that, always take take and never ever offer to give. Had many experiences like that, they might feel they are the smart ones always making use of others while not falling in the "trap" to help others.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

@blessbabydust

really, dealing with proud and vain people is the worst. Always bragging about themselves, i sometimes feel, don't they feel weird saying such things.

and in today's world of oversharing everything in social media you get to see this dominating nature all the time.

i thought i was an unlucky person to keep meeting these people but after reading all the replies here, i feel am not in the minority :)

1 person likes this.
  4. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

true Vennella they are the most pain people under the cover of friendship also some of my friends talk to you for business purpose which also i accept it for certain extend but i dont see them as friends but business partners only ....

You are the the unlucky person we are lucky to meet those ppl and understand the reality ... one of my friend beautifully said something to me one day when i was really upset with my friends and bitching about me .... " Your life is short why do you bother and worry about these ppl who doesnt value you just enjoy your own life and be happy "

Vennella and anika987 like this.
  5. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

until now i follow those words and my life is very sweet and happier ...:)

6. littlehearts

littlehearts Senior IL'ite

My childhood friend is a back bitter (Talks about me with my relatives who stay near my house). After my marriage I came to US. And my relatives started talking in my back. Just try to get updates/some added masala updates from some distant relative source who stay near to us in US and start forwarding to my friend and her mother.

This didn't stop here, both my relatives (aunt, uncle) and friend started blaming on me horribly that we can never imagine. They also said that because of dristhi I won't say anything to her etc., and they said to her "I always blame her in front of my relatives". But I never called them after my marriage. Just say hi, if my parents are at their place that's it.

I am not feeling bad because of my relatives, I know them from my childhood their behavior. When I was studying eamcet exam, the day before my exam, they came to our house and stayed till late night 12:30 AM. One side I was soo tensed and not able to sleep, the other side they were talking in other room loudly(Just causal talk). I know my parents has to say but she is my father's sister (so my mom and dad can't say anything and my grand mother stays with us at that time). They say we came to meet my grand mother and all etc., This is just one instance of many.

The only thing I felt bad is my friend way of talking horribly. Now she is saying I am not her friend at all and she sent an email saying that "Feel shame u lost me." and "I have used her when I am at home (without job)" This was bit upset for me. Trying to recover from all these words and behavior.

I am begging GOD, I should never meet her in this Janma or in any other Janma.

Vennella likes this.
  7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I think I am fortunate in the sense that the last friendship I broke was when I was in 8th grade. Cried that day like my life was over even though I was the one who broke it off. I have always been very careful with friends, and today am still friends with all 3 of my childhood friends...2 from school and one from college. And best part is that after almost 30 years, the friend from 8th grade and I are back in touch with each other.

Vennella, sindmani and anika987 like this.
  8. kettie

kettie Senior IL'ite

I got really busy with my baby and could not handle both together.. of which people who envied our friendship took advantage of and bad mouthed about me to her...
    And one fine day we had a big bad fight ... After that she and her so called other friends started making fun of me.... Which upsets me everyday and cannot step out because of it.

Vennella likes this.
  9. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

What I learned from my experiences is that never trust anyone at the first instance, I have a few good friends whom I can count on the fingers, but there is a whole bunch of other friends too who comes to me only when they need some help/work, after a lot of struggle I learned to say "No" to their requests...

Never ever go out of your comfort zone to help someone because it backfires most of the times....

Vennella and sindmani like this.
  10. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

- Never trust anyone and share your inner most secrets. It is quite possible that she would share that with her ''best friend''. Then it starts to circulates.

- Money transactions shall be minimized in any relationship. Many relatioshipships broken after lending / borrowing money each other.

Vennella and kaniths like this.