1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why choose Montessori Education

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rafath24, Jul 13, 2009.

1. rafath24

rafath24 New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    There are more than a hundred reasons why as a parent you must choose montessori education for your child.

What is a montessori School??
    Most would assume it is the Kindergarten and any pre-school can be called a montessori school. But thats not true at all. Montessori Method of education was discovered by Dr Maria Montessori from Italy over a century ago and it this method that became a movement that is called montessori education that spread across the globe.

Why should you as a parent choose Montessori...well to begin with this education start right from the time of conception, during infacy and all the way till adolescence. It not only helps your child but also helps you as a parent and a teacher. It changes you as a human being.

If a child who is developing his natural faculties of language, movement, intellect and will at the age of two and is asked not to talk, not to move about and not to question and not to choose.....what kind of education that would be?!!

So are we only worried about the ABCs and the 123's and names of fruits vegetable and animals.....is that it that a child ought to do during three to four years of pre-schooling????.

A parrot can be taught letters and number if we try and so can a child if continuosly taught the same thing for three months.....but is that what we have as our goal??

Montessori Education goes beyond these pre-decided curriculums of all the pre-schools todays.

Montessori education brings into its classrooms, called the prepared environment, all that a child needs to know about the world. Right from practical life excercises , to dimensional material,geometry, language ,art, culture, geography and arithmetic....and all this is not at a superficail level. The child begins to explore these activities at a very young age and takes in as much as his/her inellect permits, to begin with they touch and feel, then they are given the names followed by discription and definitions, they make their own discoveries and draw inferences....the teacher does not plant ideas into their minds she only gives them the know-how of a particular activity.

In a montessori school each child arrives at various developmetal milestones at his/her own time..all teachers wait for it as all at a montessori school believe that each child is born with natural unlimited potential and they only have to be guided into actualizing them.

Montessori education does not believe in any reward or punishment, there is peace mintained at all times, there is mutual help, social control of error and no comparision . The child is completely at ease with his/her individuality. s/he does not have to live up to the expectations of the teacher as the teacher modifies her expectations of the child and helps the child overcome various difficulties.

Isnt it hard to belive that there is something like this for your child .....montessori is the most beautiful journey fo life...embark on this don't delay . if your children missed out let your friends children benefit.
    So what are you waiting for find a montessori school close by ....make sure it is montessori. find out more through authetic websites that give you names of montessori school in your vicinity. I can help if you want.

With complete faith in each child always
    Moiza

[/JUSTIFY]

2. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Informative for me at the right time. My daughter is months old now and I am seeking information about various schools. I am not aware of the difference between the montessorri and ordinary preschooling. Your blog was informative. Please help in finding a good montessori school in and around Velachery, chennai as I located in velachery. If you are not familiar about this area, atleast guide me in finding one.

If you have any idea about ICSE board of education and how it differ from CBSE, please let me know.
    Thanks in advance
    Shyamala

3. rafath24

rafath24 New IL'ite

Hi Shyamala

In velachery there is Navadisha Montessori which is also running an AMI montessori training course besides this there are many other schools in chennai. Here is the link to all AMI montessori schools in India please take a look.
    http://www.montessori-india.org/schools.htm