1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are People So Ungrateful? Am I Overreacting?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by aratisajjan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I stay out of India.. I met this lady in fb..We both had many common things like we are from same state in India,we both have a daughter,she is also a housewife etc..we met twice n though our daughters dint play much due to age difference,I thought we adults were good..

Then came a event in our Indian community,she had told she wil let me know if she is coming,but she dint tell me even after registering..After i messaged n asked she said yes, but it was too late for me to register,so we missed that event..I felt somehow..But I just left the matter thinking she might have forgotten..

We both were looking to join baking classes..I came across this really good teacher who teaches well n very reasonable price..I told her about this in the same day,we decided to go n enquire personally..I asked at what time she is coming so that we can meet there,she was like don't know..Wil let u know,but again she didn't message..I went n took the details..

Then there was some confusion, first they said classes were full..So I just left it there..She also told Wil check other classes..Then just few days bfr the classes I got a email from them saying I can join..So next day I called her to tell this,she dint pick call n messaged I'm busy Wil call later..Then she called later,I said sorry I disturbed u, seems u were busy,she was like no no, I was doing some work..Then I told about classes..After I told her,she spills the beans,she already knows it n going to classes since 2 days..infact she was in the class when I had called her,then also she dint tell me..I felt so awkward n bad..It was me who told her about this classes,she Dint even have the courtesy to inform me that she already going..

After this incident,I'm just ignoring her and we both are not in contact since many days..

Am I overreacting? Why are people so ungrateful?

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Your reaction seems normal. But what that lady did was not right. But we cannot control others' actions but can control our reaction towards that.

You did the right thing ignoring her! I guess that's the only right thing to do.

For me she seems a Lil selfish and I would just continue to ignore her even if she tries to come back in future.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    shravs3 likes this.
  3. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Your reaction is just normal. I would not contact her with anything from now on. She seems to be competitive and wants to get ahead of you or show that she is better than you. Some people are like that... She seems selfish.

4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Looks like she doesn’t consider you as a good friend. N if you thought she was a good friend, she definitely doesn’t sound like it.

It’s good you are ignoring. Move on.

5. aratisajjan

Thank u for the response..I feel the same

Angela123 likes this.
  6. aratisajjan

Thank u for the response..

7. aratisajjan

Yeah definitely she doesn't consider me as friend.

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

you are totally fine. some people just love to live in their in small rabbit hole thinking they are the center of the universe.
    go for that class. make more diverse friends. Go for more different classes, without any expectations about who joins with you, you will be find a lot more positive folks who will be make your experience great.

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

She is being cunning shrewd and hate people like that.

Just ignore her.Best for u.

10. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Some seek only information.
    Reply cunningly say "I don't know, only my cat/dog know"
    Call / text only when they need. Seems she is like that. I understand you want to befriend her, you think she could be good friends. She does not think that way.

Better to ignore and move on, make friends with other people. I tell you from experience I have great friends from diverse community than Desi's. With our own people I have more bitter experience than good ones

Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.