1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I day-dreaming now?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abhigail, Jan 13, 2015.

1. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is just a concern that I am sharing. I am a middle aged lady with a kid and married for 7.5 yrs now,I had adjusted with my married life a lot. My H is not the kind of guy i though he was and he is kind of money minded and only thinks about saving saving and saving. All my expectations of my post married life have vanished as I know they will never be fulfilled. They were very simple expectations a middle-class working girl would expect. Visiting places to tour atleast 1 - 2 times a year, going to malls or some good places during 2 days weekends. Having some good food in some good restaurant with H and kid during the weekends and being free from kitchen work stleast one day in a week. and soon and so forth. None of them ever happened.
    Now, yesterday i had a very wierd dream which i would have enjoyed if i was in my teens or early 20ties. And that dream has started me to day dream today of a handsome prince I would meet and roam around with. I always used to daydream earlier but stopped it kind of after marriage. So any idea what is happening to me. I am not sad about this and feeling very good this morning with the thoughts running in my mind. But not sure why I am feeling this way and why these thoughts. Anyone faced something similar?

2. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

I must say nothing is wrong in day dreaming. A girl always lives within a woman who can be remain in her teens or 20ties forever. So many movies also showcase it when they show old aunties dressed up nicely and feeling young(aruna irani in Haseena Maan jayegi falling for the young Govinda).
    Since your desires have not been met they are going to surface sometime or the other. Hormones will also play their part.
    If you are a working woman wat stops u from spending on your self by going to malls once in a while. You don't have to depend on him or give every pie of your salary.
    If you are a homemaker save something out of what he gives you for monthly budget and spend it on yourself or your kid once in a while.
    My mother used to save from selling newspapers, selling ghee etc and spend on us or herself. Not that dad used to refuse but not to burden him.
    Dont make yourself undream, Dream and day dream also it will only make you happy.
    Its good that you are getting happy day dreams some of us mid aged women are in not so happy situations due to PMS. So be happy !!!

2 people like this.
  3. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

nothing wrong in it. continue & try to make it real in reality with your own earnings instead of depending on husbands money. :)

4. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

Daydreaming is not so bad. as long as you perform your responsibilities to your satisfaction what is wrong in giving the brain a small break and let it relax with nice thoughts. In a way its similar to meditation. sometimes while daydreaming people tend to get solutions to tough problems which they are facing in life.

1 person likes this.
  5. shivani29

shivani29 New IL'ite

Our dreams are the reflection of what we think when we don't sleep. So, don't worry, nothing wrong in day-dreaming. There are few things we can't change, but don't stop trying. If money is the issue and you are not working, then you can start working now and increase your income. Then you can convince your husband on what you want.

6. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for the lovely reply. I am a working person handling all the household chores plus all the responsibilities on house, H and my DS. I have money as my pocket money but no time to go alone for any shopping or anything as i m always tied up with work. So only time i get is early morning when my H and DS is sleeping and i am cooking brkfst n lunch till they wake up. then its like mad rush the whole day.

7. HopefulNisha

HopefulNisha Silver IL'ite

Hi Abhi,What about weekend? Does he give you the freedom to go out with friends and do shopping? Doing outing with family is one thing. But if that is not possible, you can atleast spend time with friends.

8. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Frankly, weekends is more hectic as I have to manage my DS and do cooking all the 4 times plus the extra cleaning. No he is not very happy if I make any plans during weekend with friends as he is at home and prefers homefood and hot atleast the 2 days we are at home.
    And, secondly every alternate weekend I end up working as my job role demands even thou it is WFH.