1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Ajinkya?.......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rohanj, May 11, 2015.

1. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

WEDDING SEASON IS ON!!! AND IN FULL FLOW!!!
    WEDDING INVITATION CARDS, EVERYWHERE!! ITS EVERYWHERE!!!
    CARDS! CARDS!! AND MORE CARDS!!!
    Phew!! You should see my table. My table in our living room is stacked with Wedding cards. If you look at it from a distance, you'll see a strange sort of mountain is standing like Mount Everest on our table. He's getting married, she's getting married, it feels like everybody's getting married. It's like now or never type of mission. Yeah, how would you feel if you'll have to attend 4 weddings in a day? 4 weddings!! I don't eat more than 3 times a day!! What would I do with the 4th wedding?? I have to dig through all of them everyday, just to see whose number is next. Oh God!! If marriages are made in heaven, then heaven must be very crowded place in this time of year.

I was going through these cards one day, and 'TING TONG'. I went to see who is it. I saw a middle aged lady with a young girl who happened to be her daughter. The lady asked,
    "Namaskar, is your mom home?"
    "No, she just went out" I said,
    "You wanted to meet her? You can wait if you want"
    "No, I don't have time to wait. I just wanted to give this invitation card. It's a wedding invitation" the lady replied.
    "Another one!! Ok, there are so many. What can one more wedding card make any difference?" I was talking in my mind,
    "Oh! Very good. Congratulations!! Who is it?" I asked,
    "It's my son's wedding" lady replied, "Please come with your whole family. And please, no gifts"
    "Of course Aunty. We'll definitely come. Congratulations again!" I replied back.
    I went in to look, who's wedding was due. I didn't recognise who that lady was as it was dark and it was late at night. I could barely see her clearly. I saw the invitation, it said, 'Ajinkya weds Sonika'. I definitely knew there's no Sonika in our locality or anybody I know. So, it was confirmed that we were from the grooms side. But who the hell is Ajinkya? I tried hard to remember, but all the Ajinkya's I know are all either married or they are in schools. So, where did this Ajinkya came from? I gave up thinking that we'll get to know straight on the wedding day.

The wedding day arrived. I got ready in my traditional attire. We left for the wedding which was about 20 mins distance from our house. We reached the venue. We were greeted by grooms parents. Hmmm..I've seen this grooms father somewhere. He looks familiar. But where? By this time I was really getting desperate to look at the groom. I just couldn't take this suspense because I just failed to remember. We went inside, quickly I looked at the groom on the stage. And I was shocked.
    "BUNTY!!!" I said loudly, "THIS IS BUNTY'S WEDDING!!"
    Let me tell you, Bunty was my friend from our locality with whom I use to play with as a kid. But as time passed, our playing got lesser and lesser to an extent that we couldn't see each other. And we rarely use to go at each other's house. Lot of time was elapsed. And I saw him after 10 years. It was shocking. What more shocking was that HIS NAME WAS AJINKYA!!! It took me 10 years, 10 years to know his real name. All this time I was thinking that his name was BUNTY!!!

I went on the stage and congratulated him. I didn't let him know that he was AJINKYA and not BUNTY. After some more congratulations and photographs, we went to have lunch. And all that time I was looking at him like a Jolted Friend.

8 people like this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

That moment was shocking but that sweet memory with you always..keep in touch with him now onwards.:);

1 person likes this.
  3. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Yeah, I will. I won't forget this event in my whole life.

4. MyselfandI

MyselfandI Silver IL'ite

you too marry soon, God bless, thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

The highlight is you managed to attend all the weddings.. :)

2 people like this.
  6. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hah! Nice snippet...esp this bolded part in your process elimination made me smile ;)

May you find your girl soon in one of these wedding parties!

1 person likes this.
  7. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Oh God!! You have no idea how difficult it is. I'm on weight loss program and I've to go and eat all that oily foods. And all this summer heat also adds to it. Just imagine you're eating really hot food, really spicy and in extremely hot atmosphere.

2 people like this.
  8. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Hahaha. You caught me. I'm a boy after all. You can expect. There are very few girls in our locality. So, it was easy.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

How come everybody after reading my post is asking me to marry soon? I don't see any connection.

10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Heyyyy.. When did Pune started sveltering in heat ?? :)
    So when you on weight loss program...should eat at home and leave for the baarat. :)
    Was kidding !!! Enjoi.. and become a groom soon.