Whom would you want to "Thank" the most? - Contest for the month of November 2007

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Re: Whom would you want to "Thank" the most?

Congratulations, Sowmya for winning the contest.
    Also, congratulations Mals and Suzi for being chosen as the runners-up.

Sindhu

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks slp807. Do not forget to catch up with the threads posted in. They are keyed in for the viewers attention only.

3. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Dear IndusLady, contest judges, and ILites,

First of all, Thank you so much for your warm accolades! I apologise to all for not logging in earlier!
    It was indeed a great and pleasant surprise to find a PM by IndusLady herself waiting for me this morning!
    And to see the IL forum alive with so many congratulatory messages, is a treat in itself! Of course, you have made my day!:cheers

I would like to thank the judges for their patience and time! They must have combed through so many messages, and it must have been extremely hard to put one above another! :clap

On the same note, I would like to congratulate Malspie and Susi too, for enriching this thread with their memories!:clap

Thanks to IndusLadies for their thought-provoking contests! May you all continue to march to greater heights!

Many regards,
    Sowmya

4. sowmyapbhat

Dear malspie,

Congratulations on your post! It was wonderfully written, and brings out the character of your boss very well. It also reminds us that only when we come out of our comfort zones, do we learn anything. May you always be successful and strive to achieve your goals!:clap

Allow me to take this opportunity to tell you how much I admire your independent spirit and pragmatic approach! It really shows in your writing!!

And, of course, let's celebrate!! How about a nice dinner and a movie? :gift
    All the best to you and I hope you will keep giving us the pleasure of your company in IL!!

Best Regards,
    Sowmya

5. sowmyapbhat

Dear Vidhi, Shanvy, Saraswathi, Paulina and Sriniketan,

Thanks a lot for your wishes! It is really nice to hear from you all!:hatsoff

Dear Ramya Ma'am, (I'm calling you madam since you have addressed me thus!):biggrin2:
    Thank you for your wishes! A very good morning to you!

Dear Lotus, Mohana, Aruna, AnandChitra, Navpreet, Slp807 and Sindhuja,

Thanks for the wishes! It's really encouraging to have such a reception!

P.S : I will post my entry shortly, sorry for the wait!

Best Regards,
    Sowmya

6. sowmyapbhat

Dear ILites,

Here is my entry to the Thanksgiving contest! Thank you for your time, I hope you enjoy reading it!

This happened more than a decade ago, when I was still in High School. English was my favourite subject, and my performance in the language class stood testament to my enthusiasm. The teachers were also wholeheartedly open in their praise, and various samples of my writing were usually read aloud to the class. Yet, it did not make me popular. Nobody sought me out for help in the subject, or even thought that this was an accomplishment. The intelligent students of the class excelled in mathematics and science, and I didn't have any friends among this group. I was an impressionable teenager, ever eager to seek peer approval, and so became rather self-conscious due to lack of the same.

One day, an assignment was given to the class, wherein students had to form groups and create questionnaires on various topics. These questionnaires were to be distributed to members of other groups, or other classes, senior and junior. The date of submission dawned. I felt sad that no one had asked me to fill up their questionnaire. It seemed to me that my opinion was not worthy of gracing anyone's assignment.

And then, someone came up to me, right when a lot of students were in the vicinity and watching. This was a boy, whom I shall call 'A', a silent and studious young man. He handed me an empty questionnaire, without saying a word. I thought I was meant to pass it along to someone else, the intended recipient.

So I asked, "Who is to fill this up?" And then he replied, almost out of earshot, "You." I was ecstatic, honoured to be sought out in public!
    I then realized that not everyone sees your accomplishments the way you do, and even if they do, they may see no reason to publicise it. One's self-confidence should not depend on the attitudes of others, it has to come from within. My self-esteem rose by several bounds, and as anyone knows, that's the greatest gift a human being can get.

It may seem like a commonplace incident, but the simple gesture and the few words exchanged meant a lot to me. I rose to greater heights since then, and even topped my school in the coming board exams! My popularity, or lack of it, didn't matter as much anymore, I had more things to look forward to!

Till date I have been grateful for that one kindling spark, that my classmate 'A' unknowingly but generously provided. This is a small but heartfelt 'thank you' to him!

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Soumya,

I feel good to know when I read there are many I'Lites who admire my independent thinking and my posts. Thats me and I present myself exeactly the way I am with full transparency.

I liked your post and the gift which is on your way.

Lets rock Soumya, tell me where and when!!!!!!!!!

Mals is always ready for a good time in life.........

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Congrats Sowmya!!!! on winning the contest.
    Congrats Mals and Susi on being chosen runners-up.

9. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sowmya ma'am (this is the way I love to address all enthusiastic IL "queens":queen) I will be happy if you address me by name. No formalities. :)

An excellent thanks giving post and an apt entry that stood in the fore-front of all other entries. Many hearty congratulations and wishes. Many a time our talents are brought to lime light by small unexpected gestures. Good that you have reserved your "thanks giving" to Mr."A".

Your visit to the following link would be a small tribute for my own self and i reserve my "advance thanks" to your good self profusely.

I also request Malspie ma'am and Susi ma'am to participate in the same. This would not only pool in congratulatory posts, but will encourage others to post their tribute too! Thank you very much in advance.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/17366-the-thanks-giving-tribute.html

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

10. sowmyapbhat

Dear Mals,

You definitely embrace life with gusto!! :whistle

A celebration is warranted, unfortunately it will have to wait, till you come to Houston, or I come to Mumbai!! :banana

I'll keep it in mind, though! :thumbsup

Best Regards and Cheers,

Sowmya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.