1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whodunnit – The Missing 100 crores

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Whodunnit – The Missing 100 crores​

Last week all the news channels were reporting an income tax raid on a mall in Noida, in the basement where they suspected some 100 crores cash was kept, the basement belonging to Ponty Chadda. He is the undisputed king of liquor business in North india, and a real estate moghul in UP.

They could not spot the door to the basement vault, suddenly one of the officers pressed a switch hidden behind a painting, and suddenly the walls opened magically to reveal a large solid steel vault.

In this case , gas cutters had to be put to work, to cut open the three door vault, while the 20 tax officials peered anxiously waiting with bated breaths to find out what the vault held.

Meanwhile the media got to work, and flashed that 100 crores cash had been found, and as suddenely the news disappeared from the news the next day, an eerie silence and I too forgot about it, till the
    Economic Times of 15th Feb, that is yesterday, came out with a story that is hard to believe.

Seems they found just 2 notes of 50 ruppes each, that means a total of 100 bucks, instead of the 100 crores they suspected to be found !!!!!

When they raided the office of Chadda, they found out that the hard disks of the computers had been formatted just 24 hours ago, indicating that the news of the raid had leaked, and precautions were taken !!!!!

What a case for bollywood movie eh ! Real life is more interesting, than what the filmi writers can come up with .This reminds me of this other incident, that too is interesting, I have blogged about it around 5 years back, but I bring it up now again as it has an uncanny similarity with this case.

When RD Burman died, his second wife Asha Bhonsle went to check his lockers, and she found a brand new 5 ruppee note inside, HAHA. Here is the internet version of it, in case u don’t believe me.

How did RD Burman fall on bad days, I can never understand. He minted money in his hey days which lasted from the mid sixties, with Teesri Manzil, to the mid eighties, where his name sold, as soon it was announced RD, the moive was sold there and then, and if Rajesh khanna was starring, the moneybags would just come in.

Even if he flopped later, where did the money go ? I have always wondered, how come so many successful people who made pots of money, die in penury.lets look at some cases, that I have read over theyears.

Manmohan Desai , the producer of so many famous movies like Amar Akbar Anthony, commited suicide, from his building, bcs his son kept the negatives of his movies to finance a new movie, which flopped, and he lost his life time’s rights to the movies, which are making pots of money for the new owners.

Bhawan Dada, they say, started to act as an extra, to finance his drinking habits and sold off the rights to all his famous movies, died in penury.

Rajesh khanna’s bunglow Ashirwad, was to be auctioned off by the IT aurthorities. Where did his money go, so much that he earned in the seventies. I heard he used to charge 10 lakhs per movie then, if he had bought an apartment worth 10 lakhs then say in Cuff parade in Jolly Towers, the 2500 sq feet apartment could have come at 100 a sq feet, that is 2.50 lakhs , so 4 such apartments from the fees of one movie, last week that one apartment was sold for 30 crores, which means his 4 apartments could fetch him 120 crores at today’s rates eh !!!!

So Rajesh Khanna was earning by todays property prices, 100 crores per movie, and at any given time he had a dozen movies on hand. I guess all the money went in entertaining usless friends, and today when he is in dire straits , no one comes, just his son in law Akshay they say bailed him out.

No message here from me, just some things I found interesting and put forward to u friends.

KAMAL MAHTANI

A underage boy goes to a strip club.the mother finds out and is very angry, and she asks him
    “ Did u see anything there that u were not supposed to see ?”
    The boy said “ Yes, I saw Dad there “ !!!

I love you Jaan, my sweet heart.
    Send this sMS to 10 girls and win a lovely prize.
    2 days in a police station,
    3 nights food, sleeping boarding lodging,
    And free body massage too !!!

Written behind the seat of a Bus Driver
    Agar Khuda ne Chaha, To manzil tak pahucha doonga .
    Agar Chuki Nazar, to Maa kasam,
    Khuda se hi mila doonga !!!

1 person likes this.

2. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

kamalji,
    even I remember reading this 100 rupee raid :):) formatted pc's.oh too brainy
    interesting facts of real life!thanks for sharing

enjoyed the jokes.

Good day

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Yes very interesting, see what happens in india, those who want to get away , will.He was close to mayawati, i think politically motivated raid, HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Wow what a way to dupe people ... No wonder we people who pay taxes loyally are taxed hevily so that big fishes escape like this.....

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bunny,

Strange really, how the big fish escapes.

Regards

kamal

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji.. wow.. the 100 crore raid sounded just like the hindi movies.. the hero will press a switch and the door to the locker opens etc etc... what a let down it must've been when only 100 rupees was found!!!..
    really wonder how these celebs manage to spurge so much wealth?? imagine crores and crores spent drinking/ partying and bad investments.. such a waste when there are so many poor/ homeless/ hungry people in this world.. they can adopt and educate children instead...
    you last joke was A+++
    Kerman

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

the last joke, yes i found it cute too. and i see a new social worker in u, very soon.HAHA

Regards

kamal

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

lol..That did sound like a movie theme!! Only, in a real movie, there would have been a love song and a brotehrly duet before they passed all the obstacles and save the day!! By the time they were done, we'd have forgotten what the movie was about.. he he
    Thanks for sharing :) Enjoyed reading about all the money-vanishing acts!! :D

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tanoshi,

Real life is stranger than fiction eh ! HAHA

Read this about RD burman and Asha Bhonsle

Musical legacy of only Rs.5

BOMBAY - Famed music director the late R D Burman who has left behind a rich legacy of music, whose zany songs have charmed millions of hearts, has left his grieving wife Asha Bhosle only Rs five in his locker.

This shocking incident came to light on Tuesday after police broke open his bank locker following a court order. Singing sensation Asha who fought a protracted battle since her husband’s death in January for the contents of the mysterious locker to be revealed, will now approach the courts again for a thorough investigation into the matter.

When contacted, Bhosle said she was stunned after the locker was opened in the presence of witnesses and suspects foul play. “How can a man who was so talented and who gave so much to the film industry leave a mere Rs five in his bank locker. It’s a joke,” ‘she said.

Bhosle said she had been suspecting that something was the matter since the bank took a long time in clearing the proposal for opening the locker, the keys of which were allegedly in the possession of Burman’s socalled secretary who had reported that they were ‘missing’ soon after the tragedy.

Bhosle said that earlier when she contacted the bank manager, he had refused to divulge to her as to who were nominated by Burman for possession of the locker at the Central Bank of India in its Santa Cruz branch.

The bank later named the secretary as the nominee, she said and added that she was forced to approach high-ranking police officials to explain to them her apprehension about foul play.

Sorrowed by the incident, Bhosle said she was ready to bear anything in life except to see the name of Burman being tarnished.

She clarified that she was certainly not after the earthly possessions of her husband but would not allow “crooked men to take advantage of her”

1 person likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear kamalji,

I amo with Kelly here - all that money in Bollywood could change the economy of our country so easily. It pains me to see all that wasted away like that.

Interesting stories you have shared....thanks....I am especially not at all in tune with these news and had even forgotten that RDB and Asha were even married :hide: