Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day 2006

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Induslady, I am awed

Dear Induslady,

I just received an e-mail from my mom that she has received the beautiful Ganesha painting that you had sent for the Role Model contest. I will get it here in Holland by sunday since a cousin will bring it along.

My mother was stunned by the Grace of this Ganesha. She writes that it is walking Ganesha holding an opened umbrella over His head ---umbrella held in the right hand n a Kamandalam in the left hand , the vahanam Moonjoor in front . The pic is studded with genuine precious and semi precious stones that do not fade since they are real.

This pic comes at a very apt moment for me and Ramji, on my birthday and when we are making major moves in life. It seems like Ganesha is telling us thru Induslady that He is with us every moment of the way. And since we have strong roots in Bombay, Ganesha is special to us.

Thank you Induslady. You always choose the most perfect gifts :thumbsup and this time, this gift rejuvenates me as I start a new year. I feel so blessed, thanks to you.

Thanks a million and may Ganesha guide you always.

With sincere regards & thanks
    Vidya
    -------------------------------------------

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Role Model Contest Prize - Divine Ganesha Gemstone Painting With Frame

Vidya,

CONGRATULATIONS...once again on winning the Role Model Contest by sending in your wonderful entries and inspiring the community with the excellent role models that you came across in your life.

We are glad that You & your Mom liked the gift and thank you for your nice words of appreciation.

May Ganesha shower you & your family with all the blessings you need to get all your desires full-filled.

Dear Ladies,

Attached below is the picture of the prize that was sent to Vidya's Mom in Chennai...

Divine Ganesha Gemstone Painting With Frame

It is an unusual Gem Stone Painting of Lord Ganesha, made of real precious n semi precious Gem stones, no artificial /synthetic colours are used;

The Gemstones used are: Amethyst; Calcedony; Cornelian Agate; Garnet; Green Aventurine; Red Aventurine; Red Jasper; Sodalite; Turqoise n Yellow Agate.

Attached Files:

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Awesome Ganesha!

Indus ladies is great in choosing gifts! This is such a rare pose of Sri Ganesh!

Great going IL!!

Purnima and Meenu

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vidya !

Ganesha is leaving India, umbrella et al , to reach where you live ! Be ready to receive Him & His Grace !
    Beautiful gift to a more beautiful person !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Again, Vidya

Dear Vidya,
    It is not just conincidence that you got the gift almost on your birthday and the gift is the form of the Great Lord, the remover of obstacles, the God of Wisdom who is never tired of blessing us, His devotees, Lord Ganesa.
    Something tells me that this is going to be the forerunner of many good news to come. May you ever remain blessed, Vidya.
    sridhar

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs C, Sridhar sir,

Thank you for the good wishes. Mrs Chithra, as you say when Ganesha comes here, I will be sure to welcome Him with modakam made by yr recipe. Sridhar sir, thanks for the good portent, again, from your mouth to God's ears!

warm regards
    Vidya

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

congrajulations vidya

dear vidya ,
    i think u have it in u to collect prizes from the young age ...which i read elswhere nice to see the lord walking over to ur place...i love this posture of ganesha a lot....as i selected once for my daughter to sketch it to be printed for my sister's yearly calendar.....the last december i chose for this pose...as he is walking into new year...congrats.....regards...sunkan

8. Sameer

Sameer New IL'ite

Re: Winner of 'Who is your Role Model?' Contest

First of all Congratulations to Vidya

That’s what I wrote but in short left ppl to understand them selves

Ammami of Vidya and parents of Vidya are the role model bcz they are Good daughter, Good Wife, Good mother
    These are the roles which a woman has to play in her life time to be a "Complete women" which is like compulsory question of any career examination which one cannot leave in choice, which Ammami of Vidya or some other great persons do it perfectly and to say, all will perform that role but one who perform well to satisfaction of herself and others is a complete women. This I wrote earlier in short but now explained a bit what I mean

1) Good Daughter: Good Daughter is that who learns from her parents and surroundings the good things in life and try to implement in her (role time as daughter) time period as daughter
    2) Good Wife: Good wife is that who cares for husband and his relations which are near n dear to him (like parents n brs n sis of husband) which will bring more respect for her. Good wife will get not only love of her husband but respect too
    3) Good mother: For me mothers are always undoubtedly good as women perform this role more with ease but still to be a good mother for the sake of discussion is that who not only brought up her children well but give them vision
    I think any women whether she is homemaker or feminine who want to balance between home n jobs what ever she do in life but performed but has to perform this three roles which are naturally attached to her to play by any means in her life. If she is satisfied by her performance will fully then she is the successful n complete women

Hope ppl will agree with me

Thanks & warm regards to all in here

Sameer

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day

Oh Vidya.......O podu! Great going.....

Congratulations...Way to go!!!!

L, Kamla

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Re: Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day

Dear Kamla,

Thanks for OO podu. But this is a new member referring to last years contest. I have not even entered this current one.

regards
    Vidya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.