Who is your Role Model? - Contest for International Women's Day 2006

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Congrats Vidhya!

Dear Vidhya,

Congratulations ! and Thanks for sharing all these wonderful people with us! Thanks to the contest , you felt like penning down the lives of these people so clearly, as you have been influenced , and sharing with us alland thereby immortalising their lives, which is, in my opinion far more than winning! Yeah i feel the people living in the Era of ur ammami,were more humane and less materialistic. A few of us who have seen that generation people in our granmas and great granmas are aware of this fact and how this fast world is changing all of us! But your entry brought this fact very clearly!
    I am impressed by this Heibo woman also! Does adversity bring out compassion in human beings, or is it only a few people who are made like that!

Not to mention our own Chitvish! A living and shining example amongst us! All of us know how much she does selflessly and there are no more words left to thank her! Glad you mentioned her also !

anyway, i am happy that you shared these wonderful human beings with us all.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thank you, Induslady

Dear Induslady,

Thank you for this wonderful news! More so, thanks to you Induslady, for giving all of us this opportunity to take a moment and reminisce about the women who shaped us.

I accept this gift on behalf of Ammami and Heibo- two of God's most perfect creations.

Thanking you
    Sincerely
    Vidya

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Prathi

Dear Prathi,

Thank you for the good wishes. The beauty of this contest is that all of us are winners since got to read about the most amazing women like Smt Rama Devi,Sudha's grandma, your dear mother and others.

Terimah Kasih
    love
    Vidya

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thank you, Meenu and Purnima,

Thank you for the congrats. I also want to meet both of you when I come home and God willing, we shall definitely do so. As you rightly say, Chitvish is a modern version of my Ammami. Ammami also shared her recipes of food or vadams or herbal hairoil easily. And if Ammami had been alive today, she would have been an ardent member of Induslady and Ask Chitvish. Thanks again for your wishes.

love
    Vidya

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharada

Thank you for your kind words. As you have rightly said in your piece, this is also a moment for us to think about ourselves- evolving into role models. I liked your quip abt the beauty contestant syaing that her role model is Mother Theresa. Thanks again from one shippie biwi to another.

love
    Vidya

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Thank you for liking Ammami and Heibo. Maybe adversity brought out the best in these strong women. Or maybe their souls were so gentle that no amount of adversity could leave a scar tissue on it. I am sure we all have such remarkable women in every family.

love
    Vidya

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Thank you for your words of praise. I am glad you felt that Ammami and Heibo were portyared in good light. These two women are touched by divinity, anything and evrything about them is in hallowed light. Thanks again for your kind words.

regards
    Vidya

8. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

congratulations...

Dear Vidya,

Hearty Congratulations...you are a natural writer and lovely person. You bowled me over by saying that 'all of us are winners'..this one statement of yours soothed my aching heart...yes, though my sister remains the role model for me, I wanted some sort of acknowledgment to that fact which 'winning this contest' would have provided- but now by proclaiming that 'all of us are winners', you stopped me from getting de-motivated. Thank you and God bless you.. !! Your entries were all wonderful and your word-craft is very impressive. You definitely belong to writers community, though you call yourself an Economist, your natural flair for writing is very obvious. From now on I must put my best foot forward..haha

I have a suggestion for Induslady here..

There should be First Second and Third places too- particularly when it is a competition such as this, where entrants have written about their favourite persons and loved ones- by not winning the competition, one should not feel that they have failed the person about whom they have written. You should plan for ‘certificate of participation’ for all the contestants, in honour of all those people who have proved to be inspirational and worthy of emulation.
    Some women become role models at a personal level and some at pandemic level - there is no yardstick to measure who is more perfect or who is not.

ambika

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, Vidya !

Dear Vidya,
    You have got what you deserved well. Your article on Ammami was so well written, that besides Ammami's goodness, your inherent basic good nature was revealed in your writing. Your language amazes me as much as a literary person's !
    It is gratifying to note that you have mentioned my name as well ! Even though, I am aware of my limitations, I am happy to note that you see a role model in me ! I still have a long way to go, Vidya , to come up to that level.
    It was the best birthday gift to me this year along with Sridhar's message followed by all the posts ! As my age progresses, life is becoming more enjoyable to me, thanks to my interactions with I L members like you. Pray God bless you and yours.
    Love and regards,
    Chithra.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I knew it!

Dear Vidya,

In selecting your entries as winners, Induslady once again did not disappoint. Someone there is very shrewd and discerning!

So, first of all, "Congrats IL"!

Not only the persons you chose as role models were exemplary, the way you put that forth with your words were excellent! I admired your writing style, perfect and precise. I am so glad that your entry won the competition.

At the same time, I like to applaud all the entries because every role model there was awe inspiring.

CONGRATULATIONS Vidya! :))

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.