1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is Right Here?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by senoritaaa, Aug 6, 2018.

1. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

Please advice whether this is OK.
    Married for 12 yrs with 2 kids.

Husband is very talkative and get along with Women more easily than men. He is avg looking/Below avg and me also .
    Whenver we go out to mall, outings etc, he will look at good looking ones promptly and this irritates me.
    we have been fighting over this and this is spoiling our relationship.

When is ask him directy why he is doing this, he denies and says he is just looking and he cannot walk with his eyes closed.
    When i am not around, I know he is very talkative to women.

otherwise he is good. Good father,Cares for me (when there is no fight over this issue ) .

Off late Because of such fights our relationship is badly affected and there is no intimacy also . He is not interested beacuse of the fights .
    I dont know who is wrong and who is right.
    What shoud i do ? Pls advice .

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

OP, having been there, felt that way, all I can say is there is no right or wrong. It's like a package deal. We get a thorn or two alongwith the Rose :) Few things we need to look the other way and vice versa as long as it's not something serious. Next time you go out together pretend as if it doesn't bother you at all and if possible, throw in a smile even :) After two three such outings be prepared for the question if it really doesn't bother you. By that moment you would have already known that you got this and also would have had some pleasant surprises along the way :) Don't forget to let us know when that happens :)

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

He must be a simple admirer of beauty. As long as he behaves decent, ignore; it is a harmless pass time. Pull him up or pick up a fight only if he crosses the limit. I know a few men who are very comfortable with women and admire them a lot but they are absolutely harmless.

Don't feel insecure and spoil your domestic happiness.

4. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

How can any of us not look at something beautiful.Let it be anything.
    This should not bother you.
    Dont let this trivial thing spoil your happiness.

Topaz49 and shravs3 like this.
  5. ToTheStars

ToTheStars Senior IL'ite

He is just seeing,dont fight and ruin your happiness..as said in reply 2 that's perfect and don't be a mess.

Topaz49 likes this.
  6. ToTheStars

ToTheStars Senior IL'ite

You're not wrong But I wonder whether he would accept you if the scenario is vice versa!

7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Your query touched a nerve. I live abroad and the only men that stare at women blatantly are essentially Indians. This has happened at indian gatherings with me standing next to my husband with two kids in tow.
    Can someone tell indian men this ? A quick glance if necessary and then no eye contact whatsoever. Follow the three second rule and continue the staring game with your pretty wife. The woman that has put up with your c**p and given birth to your kids deserves more respect . I understand it is ok to admire beauty but if it makes the wife uncomfortable it must stop .
    Please tell your husband you deserve more respect.

8. signature

signature Bronze IL'ite

I am newly married and we do look at other interesting people and share notes. I think it is perfectly normal and healthy. One should have objection when physical intimacy or too much of flirting takes place. I think it is ok to admire a thing of beauty

Topaz49 and star90new like this.
  9. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Well try to ignore it though I know as a wife it would hurt you. It would hurt me too. And men don't admire the sky or the stars ...only admire females. This is what I find disgusting. And not only Indian men all men do this. Just take it as a flaw in your husband and concentrate on yourself. Let him be stupid if he wants.

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OP if its bothering you, I think he should stop. Blatantly gaping at someone would make the other person uncomfortable too, its 3 people that are impacted here.