1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is Our Real Enemy ?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Don't remember this post

2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

She chose to have an affair out of boredom, in spite of having a good husband (Good husband per OP). ILs were very supportive and I am sure if it was the other way, her husband would have been bashed. It was so one sided and almost like "we women are going to stand with you".

I never judged her; my take was simply, end your marriage and find happiness with the French guy. If I am not mistaken she had the affair for 6 years.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    anika987 likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

ditto; this tangent seems out of context of the thread. However, it is a fun turn.

hahaha... There was a movie on that topic of men having affair without the knowledge of the women in their lives. Brokeback Mountain.
    Women having affairs (no men involved) is also in the plots of plays and movies; and happens in real lives as well.

anika987, Anusha2917 and Sunshine04 like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Pointers are fair and holds good for both men and women..

anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

This is just some anecdotal evidence but not true for majority households.The issue is deeper and it is about patriarchal norms and gendered roles in most of the world-men are not supposed to enter kitchen, help with washing dishes, cooking -even if wife has worked equal/longer hours or is pregnant . These are considered below the "dignity of being a man". I have seen so many of my friends suffer.I'm not telling these by observing one or two cases, there are many studies which confirm that world over it's this attitude.My husband shared chores with me whenever my work is hectic and for that he gets so much flak from relatives. He is egalitarian but that does not represent the norm. Most women hesitate to even ask help after a long hard day at work as that might make them look "selfish"/"a bad wife".

6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

@Topaz49 there was another thread where the woman had an affair with a dentist. Most women who replied gave their opinion to OP on how she should move on from that affair. For whatever reasons that post is deleted now. But most women didn't support OP there just because she is a woman . They gave their honest opinion based on the context.
    The context matters .

anika987 and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I read that and ILs were fair. He was a French Chef in the post that I was referring to.
    Anyways my point was that if you find happiness with someone else, go and be happy without dragging down the marriage.

To me marriage is sacred and is more meaningful and affair does not belong in a marriage.

anika987 likes this.
  8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

True.
    "What is wrong with women having an affair?" seems like women are in competition with men for having an affair.

anika987 likes this.
  9. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

We observe a lot but when we read the scientific reasoning behind them, I find it fascinating and hence the share. I have observed a lot of these thought processes and tried to understand people in general.

anika987 likes this.
  10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the share. I too enjoy and learning more from the scientific research.

Urmila likes this.