1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is Our Real Enemy ?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Yes. That’s true as per some studies. It’s interesting to read as it helps understanding the gender differences in the thought process and hopefully will improve our personal relationships.

GeetaKashyap and anika987 like this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Just asking. Why can't women have an affair? Is it reserved for men alone ?
    P.S I don't know the exact context of the thread. But seeing your statement I was curious to ask this question.

3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

No need to depend on any studies. If you become observant, then you will see this.

Urmila likes this.
  4. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

of course.
    First and foremost I would like to say that two wrong don't make it right.

My question, is why marry? It is much easier if you are single. I know, then it won't be an affair :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. How about an open marriage?

There are many reasons for cheating, usually it is done without much thought or consideration of the effects it can have; it can cause a ripple effect in your life. However, the effects can be devastating and take a long time to get over and work through.

On a serious note:

· An affair isn’t about love, it’s about betrayal.

· Cheating is way more complicated than most people think. Infidelity requires secrecy and covering your tracks by lying. Despite the thrill you might have at first, the guilt, shame and worry will consume more and more of your thoughts.

· You’re increasing you chances of getting an STD.

· If cheating is not illegal, it sure can be grounds for a divorce

· Getting caught having an affair isn’t a pleasant experience. You will feel humiliated, embarrassed and ashamed when you’re exposed.

· Your spouse will have trust issues – maybe for the rest of their life.

· Be prepared. You’ll be at risk for the judgment of others when they find out.

· Children: No matter how you look at it, having an affair is setting a bad example for your children. When they find out they’ll feel humiliated, confused, insecure, sad and angry that you could ruin their family. As a result you’ll lose moral authority with your kids.

What if all women stand together and refuse to go out with a married man? Why do women make it easy on men to cheat?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

What if it's the other way.??
    You made a drunkard out of a OP who just had 1 drink with her girlfriends. Her husband was a total psycho.
    All her problems, ones happened even before in her life were due to that single drink.

anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  6. Sunshine04

True. Why don't this married men be loyal to their wives.??

Anusha2917, anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  7. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

It takes two to Tango. Since we are talking about women supporting each other, it makes sense that women stand together and refuse to go out with married men.

Sunshine04 and anika987 like this.
  8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

You can call it a double standard; but, women with children have a very special role. Social drinking is one thing, drinking to the point one is drunk and had to be helped is irresponsible. The whole thing could have been resolved, if she confided in her husband and her husband didn't find out the way he did.

I am from the time, when even men getting drunk was looked down upon; let alone women drinking. I agree, times have changed; may be, to prove equality, women have to do anything that men have done it or doing it good or bad.
    In fact, I was referring to the thread about the "affair with French guy"

anika987 likes this.
  9. Sunshine04

There was more going on.the husband was having an affair with her girlfriend. Is that ok??

10. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

No, but her being drunk and being helped by a friend of opposite sex didn't quite "look" innocent.

anika987 likes this.