1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who inherited Bapu Gandhi's legacy?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Mar 6, 2009.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Something so important in our today's times happened , relating to Bapu Gandhi... so how could my inner self not feel something and how could it be that I do not discuss with my IL friends.

We all have seen in the last few days how the whole of the world has gone crazy fighting for the few things that a collector had of Bapuji. The reason for the number to be few was that Gandhiji did not believe in collecting, rather in disseminating. He gave away all he had. Did not leave trusts even for his descendents.....only a legacy of the name Gandhi. (Otherwise these things would have been with his family and not with OTIS.)And nobody will ever require anything more than this for a lifetime.
    But it happens so that anybody who got the chance to use it( the name) does use it ,whether deservingly or not is an another matterBig Laugh.

What he left for us is his ideology , and all who follow his path are his descendants, his legacy lies with them and no body else. His values of non violence, fighting for justice and for the poor, egalitarian eye of the leader.... there are so many that it has filled books.
    And neither I wish to say that what Mallaya did is wrong. Bapu would never would have said so. As he (Mallaya) did what he felt was right for the pride of the nation ( it does seem so).His notion can be different from what Bapu preached . And the beauty of the situation would have been that Bapu wanted a pluralistic society and that means living with different views , and doing so peacefully.

And I do not wish to comment even on two types of media headers
    Mallaya pockets .../ Mallaya rescues
    ( as we know the difference is not due to difference in opinion, but difference of financial backers)Big LaughMy mentor , i'm sure would have grinned his toothless grin.

Here i just wish to know from you all what do you think about this question that
    WHO INHERITD BAPU GANDHI'S LEGACY?

And if we all Indians have , so why petty fights for his belongings ....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Muzna,
    Who has inherited Bapu's Legacy? It is a difficult question to answer..
    We are always concerned with materialistic possessions...and if we own it...it means we inherited it, right...
    There are many followers of Bapu who still believe in his ideologies and live a silent life...

sriniketan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Muzna dearie,

There is more drama to unfold in the next few days. did mallya really play proxy....

If babu were here, he will bow down in shame at the way, things are going on.

His grandson,who had to go around from post to pillar for stopping a auction..

Does the materials that bapu used going to keep holding the spirit of Gandhian principles. I suppose there is no point in going around these materialistic possession when the principles should be embeded into the minds of all the children of the nation. and i believe that is the best legacy our father of the nation left and would want it to continue in the generations to come...

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Srini
    you have beautifully described of the crux of the matter, due to our materialistic view we feel that owning is to have it in hand...........but all can not be handed over, as some have to be assimilated.
    thanks for stepping in with a thoughtful fb.

5. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi
    true, it is surprising that Ambika soni came up with a story of the govt. providing money to Mallaya and he is denying it openly.Isaw the footage of the statement.
    Is it that the UPA now wishes to take advantage as the articles are with an Indian , shame on these politicians.till day politicians play these games with the emotions of the people in the name of Gandhi.But till when this game will go on.
    And yes we all who believe in his ideology are his true disciples.and thus the legacy lies with us.

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Muzna, your question as to who inherited his legacy is tough to answer...and isn't it a matter of shame, that we cannot answer it bonk.
    What is happening now is an unhappy, unwanted event Rant.. As Srini mentioned, why run after the materialistic things after forgetting his legacy....

7. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Saras
    true, it is a matter of shame that we are looking for the materialistic legacy of a person who gave away all he had to others. he wore only a lioncloth and said that he will till his country men are dressed like this. like buddha he sacrificed a lot but his aim was not some enlightenment but to fight for the country's freedom. his path was so difficult, and he met the state heads in a lion cloth only. we should be proud of him.
    The standards he set for a leader are difficult for anybody to match. The abstinence he followed was a hard act to follow.

8. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Muzna,
    That was a very nice write up about Bapu and his belongings as well as his legacies. I don't find anything wrong in Mallya bringing back his belongings to India too. What our government failed to do he has done with pride as an Indian. Hats off to him! And as regards Bapuji's legacies...... Hmmmm.... I wonder how many of us can swear from our heart on this matter.
    Nice blog.
    Love,
    Malathi

9. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear muzna,
    I have been telling myself that I should read this article every day.Today I did and iAM SO HAPPY THAT i DID.
    sUCH BAUTIFUL THOUGTS AND EXPRESSED SO WELL.

when you reiterate that all of us inherited his legacy,I wonder,really?Iam not a cynic,muzna.RATHER Iam a positive person I always like to look at the brighter side of any issue,but this thought about we the Indians ahve inherited his legacy his faith in non violenc,clean life,no corruption so on and so forth,that is something I can't agree totally.Today,muzna,I went out with my dh .I showed him a wall poster of a wll known union minister and here in TAMILnadu,they have raised him to th position of God.I told my dh ,"H seems to be vey fmous her as well."Then he told me things and how corrupt that person was I ould not believe my ears.In a country where politicians,ministers openly take and give mony for sets puchase MPs as we buy veg in the market,do you think gANDHIAN PRINCIPLS WILL SURVIVE FOR LONG,IF AT ALL THEY HAVE SURVIVED TILL NOW?

LOVE
    MITHILA KANNAN

10. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathi
    as i said earlier, Bapu would have seen this situation as the win of the pluralism of our society.
    what else can i say other than this that our country is not just a bundle of people, it is the complex society of thinking people, there are many who are illiterate, but they understand the philosophy of GEETA. that is our country.
    JAI HO