Who do you prefer to..........Poll for 8th Oct 2006 to 14th Oct 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Oct 8, 2006.

Who do you prefer to shop with?

1. Husband /Partner

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Parents

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Siblings

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Friends

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Alone

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello every one,
    Diwali time and all of us ladies are planning about shopping for clothes, gifts etc.,
    Well here in Chennai there is huge crowd in the T.Nagar area with all the folks rushing into shops like RMKV, Pothys, Sravan Stores.

Thisweek's poll question is related to shopping.
    When Diwali season is round the corner, usually Tamil magazines publish jokes about the ladie's bizarre shopping habit.

Some typical jokes are: husband getting a beard waiting for his wife to finish her saree purchase, husband complaining to the police that her wife is missing since few days she went for shopping etc.,

Jokes apart do you think husbands have the patience to come along with us for shopping.
    Take up this week's poll and cast your votes.

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

who do you prefer to...

Dear Laxmi,

I am a new member and joined only a few days back. I have voted this poll.

I prefer to shop alone. If I go with my husband, it is me who'll have to keep track of my dear Hubby.
    He is so interested in window shopping that he'll forget about me, stop inbetween and miss me out :confused: .

I'll have togo and look out for him.

Not like the way the tamil magazines make it out...
    I like this site very much :clap. Bye

eljaype :wave

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  3. Laxmi

Hi Eljaype

Thanks for sharing your shopping experience in this thread.
    Funny to know the reverse situation.
    You must be lucky to have a husband who likes shopping. Usually hubbies does not have the patience for shopping least of all for window shopping.

4. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

never alone...

Hi Ladies,

I can never shop alone. I used to shop with my friends before marriage.
    whenever I shop with my hubby, I just don't feel I really went out for shopping cause his selections are always good & he does it so fast. anytime, I've went with him my shopping gets over in few minutes; selection in few seconds even if there are a hundred choices to make so I never feel the shopping experience but unfortunately /fortunately I just need him /his opinion for everything.

Of late, i've started going out with my Daughter & just before we step out for shopping she tells me, "Mom, Now We are Friends" & she dictates all the while.
    but sweet child, she comes along and spends as much time as I need. only problem is she'll want to spend more time in the toy section especially Barbie dolls & soft toys. overall I enjoy shopping with my family.

I do have one wish now. I just want to shop/go around with our own Chitra.
    I don't know when that would happen but I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time with her.

Love & regards,

5. Laxmi

Looking forward to that day....

Hi Meena,
    Do let me know when you come here to shop in Chennai. Let us all ILites flock together for a unique shopping experience.
    Looking forward to shop with u, Chithra, Varloo and all ILites in spencer Plaza and also in the pondy Bazar Platform shops.

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

shopping alone

Dear Laxmi,

It is actually not that I prefer to shop alone. I don't know anyother way. I have never shopped with friends as such because my father was very strict and conservative.

Only after marriage I started going out and that too was with my husband and kids on tow. :cry:

Only once or twice, I can say, that I had been with a friend but that too was not a proper friend but a distant cousin of my husband. But now she is a very close friend of mine.
    Nowadays whenever I go out it is alone. So I do hope you 'll include me in your list, when you all plan to go to Pondy Bazaar or Spencers Plaza.
    regards
    Latha

7. Laxmi

Hi Latha

Hi Latha
    Sure your name is included, being an ILite it goes unsaid we can all join hands for this shopping extravaganza.
    Probably we can ask Chithra to head this expedition.
    Chithra, are you listening??:confused:

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

To meet Chithra..

Dear Laxmi,

After joining IL have been hearing and reading lots about Chithra. Yes, I also would like to meet her if I can, especially to wish her... My Father studied in American College and my Grandfather worked there as a Malayalam Prof. for sometime.
    So anyway... we'll meet oneday..
    Regards
    Latha :wave

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

The world is so small, Latha & Laxmi, ofcourse Meena too !

I feel overwhelmed by reading all your posts, my dear friends !
    I love shopping too. My favourite is Pondy Bazaar platform shops, Rathna Stores there, Poppat Jamal & ofcourse Spencer Plaza. Chennai City Centre is just walking distance from my house - the Food Court there called La Marina is said to be very enjoyable. I love Mada veedi shopping - Shukra, Indra, Vijaya etc.
    I am ready - when do we meet & go? The ball is in your court(s) now, my friends !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.
    Latha, it is possible that your father & I might have been college mates, as well !

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

college mates ...

Dear chithra,

Thank you for the welcoming note.

My father would be 81 if he was alive. There is no chance of you being classmates. I am , I think nearer your age . I am 52 but like you, would not accept age .
    That's what I liked more about you, when I was going through your posts.

As you mentioned you're taking a U-Turn, you would be the same age as mine now, I guess.
    From now onwards I'll also join your U-Turn. :) Ok

Regards
    Latha :wave