Who am I? - Part II

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies!

One hallmark of a good community is how well members know and connect with each other.

Our community is far flung. We have members not only from India, US, UK, Sinagpore etc, we also have members from Republic of Congo, Cyprus, Iraq, Afghanistan, Botswana etc. Even though we are all geographically distant, we can use this forum to know each other well and build a personal connection. The internet can truly make distance disappear!

In an effort to build a tight-knit community, we are starting this thread named "Who am I?" where members can write their profile for others to read.

Let's know each other beyond login IDs!

Moderators of Indusladies!

Please note: This is part II of the "Who am I?" thread. Since this thread has now crossed 3500 posts we have closed it.
    Plz go to this link for Who am I - Part 3 , to introduce yourselves. Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I joined this indusladies site today and it seems to be a very informative site that discusses on many aspects.
    I am living in USA for the past 8 years. We moved from California to Virginia abt 1 and half years back.
    I was born and brought up in Chennai, South India. I am a graduate in Home Science. I am living with my husband, who is an IT consultant and 2 children who are in middle school and elementary schools now. I am a home maker and I enjoy cooking, cleaning,surfing the net. I do read a lot of books like fiction, non fiction and magazines. Also we watch a lot of movies in Tamil,English and Hindi.
    Also I volunteer a lot in my childrens schools. That really enables me to spend my time constructively and build a good rapport with the teachers.

I love to try new recipes very often. Since my kids love indian food and american food, I make south indian,north indian,american and italian foods...of course all vegetarian only:) I make many items for my husband's office parties too..which have earned appreciation from his colleagues (americans and Indians) and his boss.

Also, i am quite religious and try to celebrate all our festivals here. I also teach my children simple shlokas that can be recited on a daily basis before school.

That's all I can sum up for a short introduction.

Thanks! :wave

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Jithiks,

Welcome to IL! As you say,IL is a very informative site and discusses almost all aspects under the sun. Nice to read about your lovely family. If you are interested in cooking and slokas, IL is the ultimate place to be. Also nice to note your inclinations in teaching. There are usually many questions about schools, parenting etc. You may consider offering your advice in such threads. Please post in all forums and enjoy IL.

regards
    Vidya

4. bamasuresh

bamasuresh New IL'ite

Hi I am bama and i saw the site while searching for housemaids. can anybody help me by giving the address of SEWA in kerala and Akshaya in kerala who provide housemaids.

thanks

bama

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bama,

Welcome to IL! We hope you will find many topics that interest you and many info that will be useful to you. Please post your own feed back also. I have sent you by private mail, a phone number in Trivandrum. If you call them, they will give you the phone numbers of Akshaya and SEWA in Trivandrum. You may call those offices and get the phone numbers in the city where you are placed.

regards
    Vidya

6. pkvskv

pkvskv New IL'ite

dear all

am padmavelu highly focused person. i love cooking. music is part of my day to day life. chating about receipes and music is great for me.

i am proud to know about indus ladies. this is very helpful to know about ladies abroad.

see u soon in chat.

with care
    pkv:hiya

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear pkv,

Welcome to IL! It is very nice to meet a highly focused person. And so, IL is a site focused fully on making her members happy. I can see that your interests are cooking etc about which you will find a lot of info in IL. Enjoy!

regards
    Vidya

8. shridevi

shridevi New IL'ite

Hi All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I have joined this site long back but accessing it today itself and this seems to be very interesting n informative site

I am living in Bahrain since 2 months with my hubby married for past 1 yr.I love watching TV and reading book and surfing net and right now i am looking for job.I have done Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering frm Mumbai and looking for job in the same respective field.

This site is really helpful for the ladies staying abroad away from their families.

Well thats all with what i can sum up with

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shridevi,

Welcome to active participation in IL! You will see that being a member who is seen more often and speaks more often in IL, gets you more info, more fun and more friends. You know your way round here, enjoy!

regards
    Vidya

10. priyasuchindra

priyasuchindra New IL'ite

hello

Hello IL,I got to know about IL last week and registered today to join you all. I'm living in Muscat since 2 yrs with my family that consist of my husband and my 3.5 yrs old son. Now i'm pregnant. fourth month. IL seems to be very interesting n informative site.My hobbies are listening to music and chatting.I'm glad to be part of you all.ThanksPriya Suchindra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.