Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Myself

Hello ladies,

I am glad to be part of the Indus Ladies community. I am from Trivandrum and am happy on being a person who traverses both Tamil and Kerala cultures. Am a very happy daughter, wife and mom to a rabbit Snopje. Read some, talk a lot, swim and cook a lot, do origami- that about me.

Cheers!
    Vidya

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  2. devikagk15

devikagk15 New IL'ite

hello everyone...!

Hi! ....this is Devika Gopal from bangalore....married lady....with a pretty daughter who is about 18 yrs....my family and i have been staying in Africa (Botswana) for 10 yrs....and now its been almost a year since we came to Bangalore....i am a house-wife.....my hobbies are reading books, watching the tele, and experimenting with new recipies......and i also have special interest in keeping my body fit.....this is about me for now....bye!

3. Mano Saminathan

Mano Saminathan New IL'ite

Who am I?

Dear Friends!

I am feeling happy to be a member of the ‘Indusladies’ and thus become a friend to all of you.

I am basically from the temple city, Thanjavur’ of Tamilnadu and I am residing at Sharjah of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United Arab Emirates</st1:place></st1:country-region> for almost 30 years to date. Blessed with a dotting son who is the main inspiration for all my works in the internet and a beloved husband who is the backbone for all the good things I am doing and all the happiness I am attaining in my life.

My interest in the cookery developed at the teenage of my life and it became a full fledged obsession gradually. I am posting recipes in cookery websites continuously for the past three years.

I always believe that cookery is like a fine art. It needs strong dedication and a desire for more creativity and fine finishing touches. But learning never ends and we can get some strong points and suggestions from even a small child as well as a novice in cookery.

Besides cookery, I am an artist basically. Years back, I used to sketch for Tamil Magazines. Painting and music are the passions of my heart and stitching, cricket and reading are the other hobbies.

I hope that you will enjoy interacting with me and my recipes which is going to appear in the sub-forum Mano’s Kitchen.

With warm wishes

Mano Saminathan.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  4. sharika

sharika Senior IL'ite

Who I Am!

Hi Ladies,

I'm Sharika (as my name suggests), I'm 22 years old - soon to be 23. I'm not yet married or have any children.

I was born and live in South Africa.

I'm currently employed by the South Afircan Air Force where my core task is a soldier although my job is to ensure that the aircraft's documentation is kept up to date and that all scheduled servicings are carried out at the correct interval. I love my job, although the hours are really tiring (whenever an aircraft is needed, anytime, day or night, I have to be at work - it's a 24 hour standby every few weeks for a week at a time) and that will be the reason for leaving when I do leave.

Due to the nature of my job, I no longer stay with my parents and siblings, I live at least 700km away and I do tend to miss them.

I love surfing the internet, cooking, reading, animals (i have one dog) and I LOVE aircrafts, I'm going to learn to fly on Flight Simulator soon and hope to get a pilots licence one day when i can afford it, (I can't do this through the airforce 'cos I'm too short and have terrible eye sight.)

Anyway, I love being part of this wonderful community as there are very few Indian Ladies where I live and this is my source of "Home".

Thanks for the excellent site.

Kind regards,
    Sharika.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Welcome home

Hi Sharika,

Welcome to this group. I am sure you will find many interesting people and information here- I sure did.

I wish you all luck in attaining your dreams.

Happy Deepavali.

regards
    Vidya

6. Chilbuli Imli

Chilbuli Imli Senior IL'ite

About me

[font=&quot]About me...[/font]

[font=&quot]Chilbuli Imli real name Farida- I was born on 2nd March, the second child of my lovely parents -mother housewife and father in service. I am a real social face, seen on most of the events and wherever I get opportunity to be present. I always believed that friends are the most vital part of life. [/font]

[font=&quot]Education...[/font]

[font=&quot]Remember those lovely days at school, when we use to talk about plenty of things that actually did not have any relevance with the life along with those good old friends, and I was the first person to be kicked out of the class as I used to talk a lot with my friends during class. I did not bother about what is taught in class, as my mom would keep a track of my studies and I would always be ahead of other students. I really miss those lovely days in school.[/font]

[font=&quot]Did my education in Mumbai and ended up finally completing BCom - ready to do something great in life…… as most of the fresh educated people think. [/font]

[font=&quot]Life...[/font]

[font=&quot]Lovely handsome husband- Noor came in my life on 31<SUP>st</SUP> December, 1999, and we tied up in 9<SUP>th</SUP> July, 2000 and he loves me so much that I feel that I am helpless when he is not near me... and I too honesty. [/font][font=&quot]Fun and games never end while sharing life with my best friend and partner Noor who has shown me that through good times and bad he's always with me regardless... we are as alike as we are different and after 5 years together still haven’t finished exploring each others personalities...[/font]

[font=&quot]Recently have been blessed with an angle who's turned around my life and given a new meaning to my existence. Zahra my baby girl is the wish that I couldn't have dared wish for, and having come true I'm still dizzy with joy at having been so lucky![/font]

[font=&quot][/font][font=&quot]Passion: Zahra [/font]

[font=&quot][/font][font=&quot]She is so lovely that, most of the times, she is my sasu (Mother-in-law) and I am her daughter in law... People say that she is a photocopy of Farida...of course, she is. I love her very much. She is just a marvelous child, I would have ever met.[/font]

[font=&quot]Career path...[/font]

[font=&quot]Started my career by joining Ajman Independent Studio in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dubai</st1:place></st1:city> as Prize Coordinator and then left the job when Zahra came. Now she is 4 and started going to school I have started my work again. I am working as Graphic Designer at present. [/font]

[font=&quot]Few things about me...[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I am Pisces.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I love reading (anything that I could lay my hands on), traveling (anywhere I can go with my bags), friends, Cooking, and almost everything I enjoy doing.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]My favorite cartoon character is hmmmmmmmmm....tom[/font]
    • [font=&quot]People say that I am workaholic, I don't know, but I can't sit idle for even a moment.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I love all the colors, especially bright colors. I would always look for white and black shirts when I go shopping.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I am crazy about fountain pens, shoes, rings, clothing....many things to list.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I love to be pure veggie[/font]
    • [font=&quot]My dream car is something sporty like Hummer, Land Rover, Land Cruiser, Grand Cherokee...[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I have plenty of friends, but only two with whom I can share my secrets.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I am a person of humor, some fun from anything that comes on way.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I am a person of relationships. I would like to maintain relations for life.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I am crazzzzzzzzzzzzy for some lovely cuisine. And that too Indian.....hmmmmmm.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I believe you have just one life to live[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I adore successful people very much. My idol is Shri J R D Tata.[/font]
    • [font=&quot]I believe in destiny!!![/font]
    • [font=&quot]I believe life's to short to hold grudges!!![/font]
    • [font=&quot]I believe sometimes you must believe things happen for the best!!!![/font]
    • [font=&quot]I respect values, commitments and honesty[/font]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Who Am I?

Hello,
    Ihave been reading everybody's introduction.Ialso felt that we should go beyond email ids.My name is Meenakshy Sambasivan. I live in chennai.Iam married for 35 years and have two grown up children.My daughter is married and my son who is younger is working for a leading IT company in Chennai.He is yet to marry.He is an engineer , did his MSin US.My MILlives with US.I am a postgraduate in physics and have been a good student when I was one.I love children and youngsters very much,and can get along easily with them.My kids are my best friends. I love people and enjoy their company.Reading and vedantha are my other interests.I enjoy my own company at times. I am so happy about being with you all.Till last year I was taking tuitions. It was very nice to have youngsters talking and walking in my house.I come from Trivandrum and my parents are still there .I can communicate easily with people and last but least, my best friend , philosopher and guide for the pst 35 years has been my paternal cousin chithra viswanathan who is chitwish to all of you. Bye for now. Meenu

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  8. Sakhi

Sakhi New IL'ite

Hello

Hello all,

My name is Sakhi. My best friend recommended this site and felt that we have much to learn from here. I live between Mumbai and Kerala, and enjoy both places. Mumbai for the warmth of the people and Kerala for the charm and peace.
    Now, I live in Jordan with my husband. My best friend introduced this site to me. I usually look at Chitvish recipes and now religious matter. i think she is a great woman. I love to read, stitch, embroider and do web designing. I am very fond of Gujarathi and Maharashtrian food.
    Generally, like to read anything, cook new dishes if people are around, go to temples. Absolutely hate to gossip, bad manners and parties. Am a quiet person, content with life.

Have a Happy Deepavali, all of you.

see you all more,
    Sakhi

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
  9. Jaya

Jaya New IL'ite

Hello

Hello all of you.

I am Jaya. I came to this site accidentally while surfing other sites and I liked it and joined immediately. I am basically from Mumbai. I am temporarily in US due to my husband's project work. My parents and inlaws stay in Mumbai. I am also having a younger sister who will get married soon. I have recommended this site to her also.

I am a medical transcriptionist by profession. I have just completed the course and I am applying for jobs hoping to get one soon. I love this field as I get to learn a lot about medical terminologies from this and also I will be able to work from home. some people call this professionals half-doctor. My other passions include music, net surfing, reading, and above all cooking a variety of receipes which I religiously experiment on my hubby! ( as he tells me he is the rat on whom I experiment first!)

I hope to start a family soon.

I believe I will have a nice time interacting with all of you.

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL OF U.

Regards,
    Jaya

10. kushi

kushi New IL'ite

Hello everybody:)
    I am khushi just came to canada .
    I love cooking,reading and chating.
    bye

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.