1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

thooo vanthuten.... how are you @Adharv ???
    @periamma how are you ?[/QUOTE]
    @Preetii Doing good ma.i am reading the story.Enjoying Adharv's
    comment.

Adharv likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Adharv it seems he is like his sister Adharv

Adharv likes this.
  3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Chapter-32

Srikanth

Dad was very particular about me and Sriram meeting the family lawyer that afternoon. He reminded me several times. I would have made it in time had I not insisted in dropping Harini.I wanted to talk to her before traveling abroad. It took me a minute to realize what’s happening.

My head started bleeding before I realized it’s Harini’s father. It took me a minute to balance myself by the time he created a huge commotion such that all his co workers gathered by. When he tried to hit me again, I punched in his face. He started saying to the crowd I’m harassing his daughter. His loud voice out powered Harini’s feeble protest and the crowd started cornering me.

Harini was pleading with her father to stop their men and by that time around 5-6 people started hitting me at a sametime. It was at some point I realized my headset was still connected to call as my phone was somewhere in the vicinity.

‘Srikanth, where are you, what’s happening?’ I could hear panicked voice of my father.

I just mentioned the place I’m when someone pulled out my headset. Though I was defending myself I was no match to 5-6 people. I remember seeing Harini picking my mobile from ground, talking to someone and that minute someone pushed me on floor. I must have hit something I went blank.

When I woke up I was in hospital.

‘Easy easy. Don’t strain much..’ Sriram was saying.

Dad who was sitting around came near me and asked ‘Finally.. Sriram inform the nurse..’ he ordered.

‘By the time police and we reached except for on-lookers no one was in the scene. What really happened?’ he asked.

I had trouble speaking as there were cuts in my entire face. Every part of my body ached. I managed to convey what happened. By then nurse and doctor sent dad out. My right hand and leg was already in bandage and I was told it was a fracture. Similarly left leg was injured as well. As doctor injected me painkiller and medicines I drifted to sleep.

It was dark when I woke up and I could find dad sleeping in the small bed in the room. I pressed the call button of nurse station which alerted them. Dad woke up in the noise

‘Oops sorry..must have slept off. You need anything?’ he said.

I gestured for water and once I drank ‘Go home dad. I’m not a kid and I can manage.’ I said.

‘I had a hunch something bad was going to happen. I called the family lawyer to discuss the will. I thought it would be me. I never expected something would happen to you..’ dad appeared to be shaken.

I remembered the dream I had few days before , this is not the right time to discuss that ‘I must inform Sameer that I’ll be off for couple of days..’ I said to change the topic.

‘He dropped in along with Dev and Rajib, you were sleeping and they didn’t want to disturb you. Dev was more aghast than me at what happened.’ Dad said.

‘My phone..’ I asked.

‘We couldn’t find that.Sriram blocked your number. I’ll send you a new phone tomorrow.’ Dad said.

Nurse came and gave me some tablets and insisted that we sleep. I didn’t know what’s happening at Harini’s end. At this stage I didn’t want to mention anything about her dad.

Next morning when I woke up dad was not there. Dad’s brother, Vijay who was working in same hospital was around. I was given something to drink when Priya dropped by. Vijay left the room for hospital rounds.

‘Why are you all monitoring me in shift basis?’ I asked her.

‘Your dad is very much shaken. I haven’t seen him so down ever.’ She said.

It was in the evening when Dev and Sriram visited I came to know dad has registered a case against Harini’s father and he is in police custody along with others who were involved.

‘When did it happen? Look there is no point in it. ‘ I said.

‘Today morning..what do you mean no point, you expect to be mum about it when they mercilessly thrashed you..This would teach them.I personally wanted to break her father’s bones. ’ Sriram said annoyingly.

‘I mean…’ Sriram interrupted me before I could open the mouth

‘Srikanth..Harini might be your crush, that doesn’t justify her father’s action. You might want to withdraw the case to please her, but few days of police treatment would do him good.’ He argued.

‘I agree with Sriram….my view could have been different if he stopped atleast with a slap. Even Harini would agree to it.’ He opined. ‘What a future father-in-law?’Dev laughed.

‘It’s going to be tough to convince dad on Harini, I mean if you decide to go ahead. You should have seen his anger yesterday..’ Sriram said. He checked his message ‘Look’s like Harini’s mother spoke to Priya on the case..’

‘My view is that he should be locked up atleast for a day or two..’ Dev said for which Sriram agreed.

I wanted to speak to Harini to understand what does she think of it..I dialed from Dev’s mobile, she was unreachable.

‘I need to talk to dad..’ I said.

‘If it’s about withdrawing the case better don’t..’ Sriram said.

It’s going to be a tough war for me against all of my family, friends and Harini.

Sweetynila, Adharv, mbharani and 5 others like this.
  4. blackbeauty84

No no

periamma likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Bb just pulling Adharv's leg.Just kidding nothing serious

Adharv likes this.
  6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

TX a lot BB for the swift response. Really enjoyed the episode.though srikanth is a practical guy and his status does not suit for harini and her father OMG, poor hari how she is going to manage further. I think jai shd be matured enough to understand things. The usual quote All is fair in love and war and srikanth is not going to be an exception in that case. But is he in mindset to marry her.
    Tx again dear

7. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

was thinking need to wait for an update ..but Hey - quick update BB.
    hmm tough situation for srikanth. Harini would be embarrassed o face srika

8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

what next Bb?My Bp raises.

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh no...that's so cruel action of her Dad's.. and out of all the people Srilanth's Dad and Harini has to show some mercy on him. Poor Soul!

10. blackbeauty84

Chapter-33

Harini

I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself into it for my father’s behavior. That too his reason for hitting Srikanth was unjustifiable. He was heavily drunk that time and despite me severely pleading he was particular about thrashing Srikanth. Srikanth’s mobile was in floor and by some grace the call was still on. I remembered he was speaking with his father who remained in the line.

‘Hello..’ I said.

‘Who is speaking?I have informed police and I’m on the way.’ His father said.

‘This is Harini..’

‘What happened there?’ his father asked. This voice was familiar to me.

‘My father..he is drunk, he assumed Srikanth is harassing me..’ I said.

‘I’ll make sure your father repents it. I really mean it…’ the voice shouted and the call got disconnected.

‘Stop it. Police is on the way..’ I pleaded again. The mention of police brought sense to him. He alerted his men. Srikanth was unconscious as I went near him my father grabbed and bundled me in auto abusing me verbally throughout the journey. I dialed mom who was at home that day. My father started hurling abuse at her as soon as we reached home. In a fit, he threw my mobile and broke it. My mom asked me and Nandhini to our neighbor’s house and stay there till she calls us. My mind was tired and I badly wanted to know whether Srikanth received any help.

I tried Srikanth’s number from Nandhini’s phone but it was not reachable. I remember it fell near Srikanth when my father grabbed me to auto. I don’t remember Dev or anybody else number. I slept when Nandhini woke me up.

‘Harini call from office..’ she said. Who would be reaching me on this number?I remember giving Nandhini’s number as backup while joining.

‘Harini..Mukund here. I’m trying to reach you for hours..’ he said. I replied saying my mobile had a problem.

‘Okay listen..would you be able to travel to Coimbatore immediately?The person who has to travel met with an accident. We are starting a new branch and I need a hand there.’ He said.

This couldn’t have come at a better time. I badly need a break from my father.

‘When do I start?’

‘Tonight..So meet me at domestic airport at nine. Stay will be at our serviced apartment and you are entitled to travel bonus as well..; he said.That was the most comforting news I heard. I can work and do my preparation at peace. By then mother called saying father is out of house and he owed never to come back again.

I quickly packed my belongings. My mobile was beyond repair and I didn’t have money to buy a new one. Nandhini gave her mobile to me; my sim was not working in hers so I decided to use her number. I have been saving to buy a good mobile for Nandhini, so by next salary I should be able to buy one.

‘Srikanth is hospitalized. Arm and leg fracture coupled with several injuries in face…I just called Priya madam to apologize.’ Amma said.

‘Did she say anything else? His father was very angry and shouted saying he will take action…; I asked mom.

‘I don’t think that will happen. I was worried she will fire me, but she understands..’amma breathed in relief.

I was not sure how I’m going to face Srikanth. This official trip was a blessing I will contact him later when things were at peace. I didn’t have time to worry about my first time flying experience. For the first time I felt relived finding Col.Mukund’s face and felt assured as he guided me through the airport procedures. We were given adjacent seats and I didn’t have anything in common to make conversation.

‘Is this a cut?’ he asked pointing to a red mark in my hands. It was because of my father’s grip.

‘Is this part of your father’s doing? I’m sorry I know the incident between your father and Srikanth.’ He said.

‘How?’ I was absolutely mortified.

‘Your mother is working in Priya’s bakery isn’t? I know Priya for several years. This afternoon I was with Priya in her bakery when news about Srikanth came.’ He said. He saw me and ‘You don’t have to feel ashamed because of your father. But be watchful about Srikanth. Do you know his father?’ he asked

‘No..But his father warned saying he will take action against mine.’ I said.

‘Then sad news for you is he follows it up.’ Mukund said firmly. I remained silent for rest of the flight Mukund was reading something.

Next morning I came to know my father was taken into custody,mother said she requested Priya to drop the case. She wanted me to try if I can persuade Srikanth in doing so. Money was a issue so getting a lawyer, taking my father out was out of question. I tried his number to talk to him, but it remained unreachable. Since it was new office setup there were some issues with network connectivity and it was only by night I was able to search and reach Dev’s number.

‘Dev, This is Harini..’

‘I was searching for you in office. How are you? No injuries to you right?’ he asked. I couldn’t figure out whether he was asking out of concern or teasing me. I told him where I’m and why I was not reachable in my number.

‘I couldn’t reach Srikanth. Dev, my father is in police custody..I need to talk to him..’I said.

‘I just saw him. Harini thing is that after being beaten up that badly you can’t expect him to withdraw the case. Nothing against you, but your father should know whom he messed up with..’ Dev said.

‘I know but he is my father and we have no means to bring him out…Can you convince him?’ I pleaded.

‘You know how bad Srikanth is? Two fractures several injuries throughout body. For what? Just speaking to you? I know he didn’t even touch your hair. What if something serious happened and he is permanently injured? Your father and his thugs needs to be locked up..Please don’t expect any help from me.’ Dev said.

My voice got chocked ‘Thanks..I will not forget this..’ I said disconnecting the call.

Dev called me back and I didn’t answer. I know I was high on emotions. It was a tough night and the next day morning my father was released. I felt ashamed my mother has to still in work in Priya’s bakery. I hated them all and it hurt me as I couldn’t do anything about it.