1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Jai will not come in the picture right now..may be later. CEO's are generally busy and doesn't have time for this stuff.
    As usual loved your comments. Many thanks Adharv. Have a great day ahead.

Adharv likes this.
  2. blackbeauty84

Thank you Sachini..I'll post the next chapter soon.

3. blackbeauty84

Yeah hope Harini realizes this fast...Cheating is part of many corporate events..Thanks Peddadas for the feedback

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

BB, What a story year. I admire each and every episode and the characterization. you have made justification to every character. Brilliant yar. Looking forward for the rest of the episodes

5. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

oye @Adharv i am here.... couldnt come & reply for all the posts due to work... but i am reading all the episodes

6. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Oh I see...BB ma'am why don't you find a job for me and @Preetii nanbi at evolution. :p One day I can also become like our Jai ;)

7. blackbeauty84

Chapter-29
    Harini

Post lunch Padmini went to Mukund cabin and I could hear a heated discussion. Once she was out Kaushik went inside Mukund’s cabin, I didn’t know what was discussed but Kaushik’s face was grimmer. I didn’t want to ask Kaushik about what it was as he would try to put the blame on Srikanth.

‘You are looking dull.. Padmini said something again? ’Vidya asked chattily.

‘She is just trying to blame you. How you would be held responsible just because those two are your friends.’ A teammate came to my defense.

‘Seems there is announcement from our company that Dev is declared as winner..And the best part is Sreejitha announced in a tweet saying Dev will be the male voice in her next album..Chanceless.His voice and looks..’ a senior said.

‘He is married..’ I said and they broke into laughter.

‘I heard Srikanth and Kaushik were fighting for you in car parking..’ Vidya said in a low voice.

‘If you are passing Srikanth..just let me know..’ my team mate winked.

‘You are not interested in Kaushik?’ Vidya asked her.

‘I’m not sure whether you are fishing out details..He is an alcoholic, there has been incidents in his previous company. My close friend was his team mate there.’ she was saying.’Look who is coming..’ she said and I tuned to see Dev coming towards me.

Dev waved at me and went to Mukund cabin. As Mukund was wrapping up a call, he was standing outside.

‘Hi Dev, Congrats on Evolution Idol at last.’ Vidya said and shook his hands.

‘You have a big fan club here…’ my team mate said and Dev was chatting with us. Vidya took him through how Padmini shouted at me. Mukund came out then and called Dev inside. When Dev came out of the discussion all others have dispersed , it was me and Vidya working at respective systems.

I saw Dev coming out of Mukund’s cabin ‘What was it Dev? Are running into any problems with Mukund because of..’ I stopped myself short.

‘No he wants me not to blow up the issue any further and accept Evolution idol.’ Dev said.

‘You are going to do that right?’ I asked.

‘mmm yes..I wanted to decline it but Srikanth is already in enough trouble because of me. So yes accepting it. Hope the matter settles. Coffee?’ he asked.

‘I’m sorry Padmini took it on you. She shouldn’t have cornered you just because you know us.’ Dev said.

We were chatting for a while and Dev invited me for his wife’s traditional baby shower function which was on a weekend. I delightfully accepted the invitation.

When I reached home that night my father was sitting in the hall, looked like he was waiting for my arrival.

‘Are you going to work or roaming around with boys? Who is that dropping you everyday in bus stop? Just because I don’t stay in the city doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s going on.’ He shouted. Nandini was seated in a corner and my mother was not yet home.

Most days on last month I was dropped by Kaushik and one of my dad’s useless friend should have passed on the information. I didn’t respond to him and was keeping my hand bag in cupboard where he came near me and slapped me. It was so sudden and I didn’t know what to do.

‘How dare you slap her?’ My mother who entered the house asked him. My father started throwing jibe at her character for coming late from work. I didn’t follow the rest of fight as I went inside the room. Being powerless before dad irritated me and I didn’t know what to do. I knew my father left for liquor shop, there will be further scenes that night.

I remained sleepless that night and mentally made a plan that I should focus further on my MBA preparation, do the course, get a good job and change things here. I put in more hours for my preparation, there is going to be a free mock exam and I wanted to try my hand in that. At office I maintained some distance with Kaushik , I got information from few more sources that he is alcoholic and I didn’t want myself to be associated with such people. He tried to push himself at me on several occasions which I couldn’t avoid much.

Once when I was in office early, I met Srikanth face to face after a long time. He sort of became a hero in our batch for he stood up for something right. I was angry at him initially for he didn’t delete the blog when I asked him to but I admired him for sticking up so much for his friend. There was grapevine talk that Mukund was almost about to fire him.

I didn’t interact with him post the incident.

‘Hi, Are you coming or leaving the office?’ I asked. I know his work demanded long hours in office.

‘Neither. I came at 5.30am for a client call, now leaving for breakfast.’ He said. I smiled and when I was about to leave the place he asked ‘Harini, Do you have some work now?Would you join me?’ he asked.

Actually I came early because my father was home. I thought I would come to office and prepare.

‘Yes..’ I said. Our office cafeteria was yet to be opened for breakfast and hence we decided to go out.

When he started his car, a tamil melody ‘Oru kadhal devadhai bumiyil vanthal..’(Meaning A love angel came to earth) came through his speaker.He smiled and reduced the volume.

‘I thought you wouldn’t listen to tamil songs..’ I said.

‘Why wouldn’t I? That’s my mother tongue..’ he said. What I wanted to convey is some how most of the rich boys listen only to English albums and they claim they don’t like anything in their local language.

‘Where are we going? ‘ I asked and when he said a posh 5 star restaurant name I freaked out.

‘you don’t like the place?’ he asked.

‘No I haven’t been there. Do you usually go there?’ I asked.

‘Only on special occasions..’ he smiled. He has a smile which makes the girls go weak in knees. When he stopped at the hotel, I started feeling nervous. As the security opened door for me I couldn’t be much taken by poshness of the place.

‘I’m not even smartly dressed..’ I said.

‘It’s only in your mind. World is not that snobbish.’ He held my hand tightly and walked confidently inside.

We sat for breakfast buffet and I noticed someone from office there.

‘Isn’t that Sagar?’ I pointed to him.

‘Yeah he is with Ajitha.’ He observed them and said ‘He generally doesn’t date anyone from office.’ He remarked.

‘I don’t know that. I just took to learning about leadership team based on your advice.’ I said. That minute Sagar noticed Srikanth and waved at him.

‘How do you know Sagar so well?’ I asked.

‘More like a family friend..’ Srikanth said.

‘Harini..last few weeks I observed something is wrong with you. Look in your eyes says it all. Problem at work or something else?’ he asked.

I ended up telling him that my father slapped me and how it impacted me.

‘That’s really…Let me know if you want me to take him on or probably goons.’ He sounded serious.

‘No whatever it is he is my father.’I replied.

‘Concentrate on CAT preparation Harini..Can you explore the option of getting transfer to a different place?’ he asked.

Srikanth noticed I’m copying his way of using spoon and fork. I told him that my salary has just started providing us few luxuries like refrigerator, silver anklets for Nandhini. If I had some more money, I would gladly move out of this place and take Nandhini , mom along.

Srikanth offered to help me financially which I declined. Sagar patted Srikanth’s shoulder while going out of restaurant and whispered something in his ears for which Srikanth shook his head.

‘He is very relaxed with you considering almost entire office is always scared of him.’ I said.

‘How’s your friend Kaushik? Sorry neither I nor Dev could stand him.’ He said.

‘Me neither..’ I said and we started laughing about it.

He started eating a bagel and said ‘Priya’s would be far better than this.’

‘Not only bakery goods she herself is a classy woman. Whenever I goto pickup mom, I always used to note whether Priya is in the branch. Her style is so classy..’ I said. This is something I wanted to tell him from a long time.

‘She will be happy to hear that. She was asking me to call you for dinner some day. Free this Friday? I want to introduce my dad to you..’ he said.

‘Maybe later Srikanth..’ I said.

Despite my reservations about eating in a posh place I ate well as my mind was at ease. While starting the car back, his speaker started singing

‘Ennodu vaa vaa endru solla matten. Unnai vittu veru engum sella matten..’(meaning I will not ask you to come with me. I will not leave you and go anywhere..’)

‘Exactly what I wanted to tell you..’ Srikanth smiled.

8. blackbeauty84

Great idea..Let me check for openings :p

Adharv likes this.
  9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Lol:laughing:

crazy Harini ..should have accepted

10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

BB dear
    This srikanth is really crazy on her and harini is also portrayed to be contented. She shd be like that and it's her character. At least they shd hang out for some more time. Will srikanth have that patience. Harini is going to meet jai so soon.. Waiting for that moment. Haa. Expecting for those events. Harini is going to turn pale when she meets jai....

Rampuri9 likes this.