1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Supper Cool BB! Way to go! Cheers!:beer-toast1:

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Peddadas :)

3. blackbeauty84

Link for Previous chapter:
    Chapter1 - Whispers Of Love

Chapter-2
    Srikanth

It felt like a dream standing in Evolution. Something I wanted from my childhood days and something for which I struggled a lot.

I could see several eager faces in the on boarding room and there she was seated….I know it’s my mistake that I accidentally hit her with the car door. I could hear her mumbling ,Idiot. I smiled at her and she gave me a cold shoulder.

I sat next to a person who appeared a bit senior than me.

‘I’m Dev.’ He said

‘Srikanth here’

We chit-chatted till the on –boarding began. I found out he is from IIM B. I found him very warm and friendly.An executive from HR announced coffee/tea is being served in the hall outside..actually I could do with a coffee.I went out with Dev. We both took coffee and he said

‘Looks like entire batch is freshers..’

‘That would include me as well.’ I said.

‘That’s right? So why did you choose Evolution?’ Dev asked.

That question stopped me on tracks. I can’t explain that I saw my father starting his career here and currently the chairman of the company. I seriously don’t want anyone to know I’m related to chairman.

‘I had an interest in the company right from younger days.’ I said, which is half truth.

‘Same with me as well.’ He said answering a call.

I saw the girl who scolded me idiot, standing alone drinking her coffee. She had a serious expression in her face.

I went past her for keeping the coffee cups when I saw Rajib, my manager during internship period, crossing the area. I waved to him and in a hurry I kept the cup on table edge. It fell down, thankfully not broken but few drops were splashed on the girl’s dress.

Good work Srikanth, you are making a nice impression, I said myself. ‘I’m really sorry.’ I said her and she looked at me as if she will bury me alive.

‘You don’t have sense of surroundings. Better be careful next time.’ She tried to wipe of the stain in her dress.

I went near Rajib

‘Srikanth, there is a change. You will not be working in our unit.’ He said.

I knew that would happen.

‘I was actually looking forward working with you.’ I said.

‘Same here. But order from your old man.’ Rajib replied glancing around the room to make sure no one over hears us. ‘By the way I’m here to meet Dev Anand, who would be working with us.’

‘Oh he is there.’ I pointed towards Dev’s direction, who saw us and came towards us.

‘Dev, I’m Rajib. You will be working in our unit. I will take you to the unit once formalities are over.’ Rajib said.

After few minutes of conversation with Dev, Rajib left the place.

We went back to on-boarding room where every other seat other than those next to the girl is occupied. Hesitantly I occupied the seat next to her while Dev took the seat next to me.

On boarding process started we were required to fill in lot of forms. In midst of that I was referring something from my file, when the girl’s hair got caught in my file Velcro.

Not to my surprise the girl was looking at me with furious eyes. Oh no..not with her again...
    (Contd...)

Sweetynila, VinuthaS, Preetii and 8 others like this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Ahaa! Now we know who the well dressed woman was!

Great going BB! Did not expect this would be a sequel. Believe this would be around Srikanth, but hoping to meet the old man n his wife along the way.

sreeram and Rampuri9 like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

Thanks Rajeni for the feedback.
    I had double mind whether to go for a sequel or not, but after lot of deliberations decided to go ahead with it. As you said this story would focus mostly on Srikanth, Harini, their life & choices.

6. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Pleasant Surprise !! I too didn't expect it to be sequel :) but more than glad to see the familiar people.

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

I would be more than happy with occassional glimpses of Jai, Priya and others in Srikanth, Harini's story:)

8. blackbeauty84

Thanks Rampuri9. As said till the minute I hit Post reply, I was double minded whether this should be a sequel or not. But somehow while writing the story, I fell in love with the characters and decided to use them. I'm happy to see the welcome for the characters :)

aarthi28 likes this.
  9. blackbeauty84

There would be occasional glimpses and much more for sure!

10. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

The moment i read Srkanth's name and Evolution i was really happy to read about them again.

And of course the well dressed lady too and the old man.

Wow!!! This is a bonanza. Thank you BB for starting a sequel and bringing all of them back. Love them all.

All the very best. Very much waiting to know more......

Preetii and aarthi28 like this.