1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Creativemumma..Glad Dev made you laugh :)

2. blackbeauty84

Yes,yes and yes lets hope Srikanth understands this

3. blackbeauty84

Chapter-21

Srikanth

‘I would bet on anything, she has a thing for you.’ Dev was saying as soon as Harini left abruptly. Though I felt the same, his constant teasing is not helping up things.

Later that evening I discovered that me and Dev were working for the clients in same region with the difference he was in pre-sales and I was in delivery. My team had constant interactions with his team and vice versa.That day too we had meeting with his team.

I reached the meeting room along with Sameer to find Dev was already sitting there with Rajib.

‘Srikanth, of course you know Rajib right? He was the one who recommended you to our team.’ Sameer told me and then turned his attention towards Dev. Rajib introduced Dev to Sameer. I learnt that Rajib and Sameer were college buddies. I wasn’ t sure whether Rajib had told Sameer about me.

‘ORK has sent a mail he will be late by fifteen minutes.’ Rajib read the mail loud so others will be late too.

‘He never misses a chance to get into my nerves every single day..’ Sameer was saying aloud.

‘Guess he would be talking the same about you..you know the history between them Srikanth?’ Rajib asked.

ORK’s niece was doing her internship in Evolution and Sameer was smitten by her. She too felt the same for him, she being ORK’s niece didn’t scare Sameer. ORK was unaware of this and even after the internship their relationship was going strong that they started living together. It was then ORK came to knew about it and immediately fired Sameer.

‘We had to take the matter to HR for mediation, things escalated to Sagar and ofcourse to control ORK ,chairman had to pitch in.. must been a year now Sameer?’ asked Rajib who was interrupted by Dev

‘But why was he against you?I mean it’s not like his niece married someone without job or something?’ I asked.

‘Are you kidding? ORK is from a very orthodox hindu family and I’m a muslim guy..even before he never liked me as according to him I’m indisciplined..Sagar offered me to move to different team, but I prefer being here and irritate him. I know I’m great at work so not worried.’ Sameer said.

‘Now you understand why Sameer has a huge photo of his wife on the table.’ Rajib said and we were having a great time listening to the stories.

Soon everyone arrived for the meeting and I could see ORK and Sameer were at the point of killing each other at many times. It was really late when the meeting got over and I was famished by the time I reached home. As I had said, I will be going to movie followed by restaurant there was no food at home. I went to kitchen to prepare something

‘I thought I heard a car sound. What kept you in office so long?’ dad said coming to kitchen from office room.

‘Meeting which got extended for hours.. you go to sleep dad.’ I said knowing well, he won’t.

‘You go freshen up and come. I’ll fix you something.’ He said.When I came back, hot bowl of noodles, omelette and some pasteries from Priys’s bakery awaited me.

Dad started serving me food and said ‘Priya just came back from Venkat’s son engagement. Sriram went back to work, that boy is working hard.’ He said.

I immediately rang Sriram to check whether he got opportunity to speak to Meera’s brother. It seems he had and Meera’s brother promised to meet him in couple of days. I then explained dad Sriram’s problem with Meera.

‘Didn’t it occur for you to speak to me? Depression is not a easy matter. I could have spoken to Venkat. Anyway I’m visiting their house tomorrow.’ Dad said and was talking about he avoided going to engagement as he didn’t want to bump into Kishore.

As I was about to hit bed, there was a message from Harini ‘Sorry, It was bit rude of me to walk away in middle of conversation. I apologize.’

I saw that she was online ‘Not a problem. Dev’s nature is pulling everyone’s leg..don’t take it to heart.’ I replied.

Before she could reply I asked her ‘Shall we catch up on Sunday on CAT preparation? That’s long pending from my side.’

‘Sure. I was about to ask that.’ She had texted.

We exchanged several messages when suddenly I remembered our earlier discussions in whatsapp , so I messaged ‘Truth or dare? Truth here’

‘Truth as usual.But shall I go first?’ came the reply.

‘Sure.’

‘Was that your girlfriend with who was fighting with you on mall, last Saturday? ‘ came the question. It took me a minute to realize she was talking about Meera.

No, I told you I’m single. That’s Meera, Sriram’s girlfriend.’ I sent the picture of Meera and Sriram to her.

Oh..your body language was different..I thought you were a couple’ She said.

‘No ,She is our family friend. Man, you could have come and saved me a bit. ‘ I replied.

Is that why you skipped coming to Dev’s house and were aloof yesterday?’ I asked

‘You and Dev are alike in asking embrassing questions.’ She responded.

‘You didn’t respond to me yet.’ I reminded.

mmmm…I give up. Tell me what should I do?’ she replied.

‘You give up easily Harini. I’m thinking what should I ask you to do..’

‘How about me cooking something for you?Give me something simple please..’ she requested.

‘That’s not dare. You will have to do something you haven’t done before..I’ll reserve it for later.’ I responded.

I remember Harini being the last thing I thought that night and went to sleep with a smile.

4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks BB for the timely updates

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Idea of Truth and Dare game is very interesting :clap2::clap2:
    Let's see what he has in mind for Harini which he preserved for later:)

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

offo..Harini and Srikanth both has THINGS for eachother (as narrated in the story) ..going good

7. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Great update...lovely conversation between Harini and Srikanth...loved the direct attack from Harini :hearteyes:

8. blackbeauty84

welcome.. Happy you liked the episode.

9. blackbeauty84

Many thanks Muggs.Yup next episode will say what he has in mind.

muggs likes this.
  10. blackbeauty84

yes, yes.
    Thanks Peddadas