1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Whispers Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 16, 2018.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

this comparison is good!

2. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Wonderful...happy abt Srikanth :)

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

mm yes Harini has her reason. But yes Dev and Srika became closer :)

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Peddadas

5. blackbeauty84

:)

6. blackbeauty84

Chapter-20

Harini

‘Don’t try hard. You know Srikanth is totally out of your league.’ Urvashi was saying.

‘You are the one trying hard. There is absolutely nothing between us.’ I retorted.

‘Oh really?’ This was Dev. ‘By the way Urvashi I just came to say document you made today was pathetic and I want the corrected one in my table by 9am tomorrow.’ Dev said to Urvashi who dashed away without glancing at us.

Dev sat before me and I know what he is going to ask. I wanted to escape and luckily my phone rang,

‘Dev…’ I said without looking at the number wondering how Dev and Urvashi came to my house.

‘Srikanth here. Were you sleeping? How are you feeling now?’ he asked with lot of concern. It took me a minute to realize it was a dream. I didn’t want to spend time with Srikanth after witnessing what happened in mall yesterday, hence skipped going to Dev’s house saying I was not well.

‘I’m fine. Bit feverish though.’ I coughed a bit to make it look real.

‘Listen Harini. Can you open the door?I have to give you something.’ Srikanth said.

‘House door? You mean you are coming here. Please wait for few minutes.’ I said hurriedly. Noone was home apart from me and I look like a drab. I quickly ran to the washroom and then tried to change the dress. I could hear my mother and Nandini’s voice.

‘I’m not sure what she is doing?’ mom was exclaiming. Trust on them to arrive at this moment.

When I opened the door I found Srikanth standing there with a huge travel bag.

‘How long to open the door?’ Nandini pushed herself in.

Srikanth smiled at me and handed me the bag. ‘Preparatory materials of me and my friends. I brought it along yesterday but forgot to give.’ He said.’ Okay , I would be off.’ He waved and started towards car.

‘No.. come inside..Harini, what happened to you? Invite him inside.’ My mother shouted at top of her voice. I was bit hesitant as I didn’t want Srikanth to visit my house. Srikanth entered the house and my mom went inside kitchen to get him water.

‘It’s a small house.’ I said clearing pile of clothes from chair and asking him to sit.

‘mm.. so how come you were alright yesterday evening and suddenly became sick?’ Srikanth asked.

‘Sick?She was just tired with yesterday shopping.’ Nandhini said coming out of room. Arrgh..Trust her to babble something.

My mom came back with a glass of water and thanked Srikanth several times on helping her with job. Nandini came behind me and whispered in my ears ‘He looks handsome.’. Srikanth accepted coffee from my mother and was chatting with my mother and Nandini.When he got up to leave my father entered the house saying

‘Do you know who parked the car in front of our house?’

Srikanth immediately replied ‘It’s mine. I will be off now. Bye everyone.’ He got into a car and with a quick nod he was off. My father started grilling my mother on who Srikanth is, why was he here and how come he is so rich.

‘I thought your father was out of station..else knowing him I wouldn’t have turned up. Hope he doesn’t trouble you much.’- Said a message from Srikanth

Next day when I reached office Padmini called me to her cabin. I was scared thinking whether I made any mistakes, she merely wanted me & Vidya to start working on an event along with a senior.

There was a mail from Srikanth and as I opened Vidya came behind my seat. He has merely asked me to meet him tomorrow evening at a particular meeting room.

‘So you asked him about who that girl was?’ Vidya asked me.

‘No..I didn’t.’ I said.

‘I saw him and Urvashi together in his Harley Davison. I really hope you maintain a distance with him.’ She said.

‘Sure.’ I replied. But irrespective of whether Srikanth is a play boy, he is damn concerned about me. I replied him with a yes and mentioned I’m following the study plans.

Work was interesting. There was a family day event to be conducted next month and we had to do a lot with arrangements, games, making teasers for them etc.

Our senior instructed us ‘We got appointment from Chairman next week for thirty minutes interview. I want you and Vidya to conduct the interview as we want it in fresher’s perspective. Make me the list of questions you want to ask and send it for my approval. It should be related to family day.’

Me and Vidya brainstormed on the possible questions. Vidya said she wanted a late lunch and cafeteria was crowded at lunch. I wanted to avoid the table where Srikanth and Dev were sitting but there was absolutely no space and I sat in their table.

‘Oh…I thought you were avoiding this table.’ Dev said loud. Problem with him is he says the right things loud.

‘No, I was bit preoccupied.’ I said which was partly true. ‘You know I’m going to interview chairman next week for Family day. Can you help me with possible interview questions?’ I asked Dev and Srikanth.

I couldn’t understand why Dev became very excited and said ‘ Why not his family photo?’ and within seconds he was mumbling something like kicked very hard.

‘That’s a nice idea. It would good in newsletter. We can make all the employees sending their family photo as well, not sure how many would respond?’ I rattled on as this was one of the better idea.

‘Awesome idea. What do you think Srikanth?’ Dev asked. Srikanth was glaring at Dev, though I couldn’t understand why.

‘Chairman respects his privacy when it comes to his family. I don’t think you would be able to extract anything from him on family.’ He said to my annoyance.

‘What’s so secretive about a family? I don’t understand these people.’ I said praying our interview should go well. I was now sitting in a bench near cafeteria along with Dev, Srikanth was standing.

‘Srikanth, sorry you can’t leave early. That ORK scheduled a meeting at seven pm. It’s mandatory both of us should attend.’ Someone patted his shoulders and informed him.

‘That’s your manager is it? ‘ Dev asked.

‘Yeah he is Sameer. Urvashi is going to think I’m doing it on purpose, second time I’m canceling movie plans with her.’ Srikanth said.

‘Oh your date was tonight is it?’ Dev asked curiously.

‘That’s not a date.’ Srikanth said hastily.

‘mmm..I got to make a move.’ I said.

‘I know you are getting jealous.’ Dev said.

‘Dev, If you think all the girls are falling for your friend, then it’s time to change the perception. I’m clearly not.’ I said and walked away.

7. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

WOW ..BB read two updates together.. little complex between the two .. I liked Dev's characterization more ;) very lively.

8. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

hahaha...he wouldnt miss a thing!

I was laughingout loud

:flushed::flushed::flushed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Dev is lively .. But Harini and Srikanth should have more interactions without Dev :laughing::laughing:

10. blackbeauty84

Thanks Rampuri. Happy you liked his character