1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

which school syllabus cbse or icse

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by motherland, Jan 14, 2012.

1. motherland

motherland New IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am living in uk.thinking to return to india soon. i want to take admission in ahmedabad which is where we live.i am looking for good international school.and my kids age is 6 and 12.i m confuse with which syllabus to go for cbse or icse dont know.i did read other forum and thred about this but still very confuse:bowdown.my aim is to learn them by practically as well as theorically.not just to memorise them but learn by heart.as well as not the study but all other activities should learn. oh,also we might come back uk after 2 years because of some reason. so which syllabus good for them? i know it depenends on the person . but still need some suggestion. my elder sons favourite subject is maths, scinece. please help

2. Sinchu

Sinchu New IL'ite

Hi:

Since you have plans of going back to UK at any given point of time..I think it is more appropriate for your kids to study in ICSE...I am sure your eldest son whose favorite subjects are Maths and Science surely will be more happier to study these subjects.... My best wishes to you and to your kids

3. motherland

motherland New IL'ite

thank u very much sinchu for reply.i am also thinking about icse.but as u know in uk they have easy going approach in education.no exams,weekly homework,less competition.once they go india they r strugling to adjust there and top of that hard study in icse.i am worried may be this is too much for them or not.and eldest one dont like much english comprehension.i heard that icse is good for people who want to go further in english.please friends tell me your suggestion.please