Which preg test is good/reliable???

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by wannabmommy, Dec 15, 2011.

1. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

Dear ILs,

Plz help me with choosing a reliable HPT..really confused on reading the reviews.I also wanted to buy the digital ones ( I wud just luv to see "pregnant" on it whenever it wud happen!!). But the reviews I read on amazon made me think twice...it was clear blue digital...Has anybdy used it here???

Plz pour in ur thoughts!

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Dnt worry too much abt the test strips .... I tried everything in the market, even the ones on amazon. They was no difference between 5$ amazon one or the 20$ ones.

If you are pregnate ...you pee on any stick it's postive. That's how it works.

3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Wannabmommy, I have used Clearblue Digital and it is good... Go ahead and buy that, u will get accurate results...

4. priyasakhi

priyasakhi New IL'ite

I agree with rosenav ! Any pregnancy test strip works and does the same way. The only difference being the level of hCG it can detect. The expensive ones can detect less amount also which will be there before missing your period. Obviously most women test only after atleast 1 day of missed period by which time the hCG which doubles every 2days will reach a level that any test can detect.

My suggestion would be to buy less expensive ones Dollar Store ones. Buy atleast 3-4 and test twice before you go to the doctor. Make sure you have atleast 2-3 days of gap between the tests and it take 2 days for hCG to rise in your urine.

One more thing is unlike OPK where you need to compare the colour, here it is easy since you only have to check whether or not there IS a line so a digital one is not really worth investing in .

Good luck and baby dust to you.

5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

clear blue is the best i can say..as it is digital u don't need to confuse wheher it has faint line or think line like that...

6. gitasuresh

gitasuresh New IL'ite

Most of the home pregnancy test are reliable. If you really the need the confirmation, then you should go for the blood test. If home pregnancy test show positive, then you are pregnant. IF you want to double check before you go to OB/GYN then go for the blood test.