1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

which one is good for doing machine embroidery, Ranew?...help me IL'ites

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by Eashasuvana, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Eashasuvana

Eashasuvana Silver IL'ite

As for a simple machine for doing machine embroidery work goes, I heard Ranew is a good one.

Does anyone own Ranew or any other brand machine. How long are you using them?How many stitches it has? and give me details regarding servicing, user-friendliness, and durability.

I dont want to buy a costlier one, just a simple model is enough.

IL'ites please guide me with experience from your machines.

2. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

I have a ranew machine ... it does only zigzag ... but you can add variety with it ... machine is good ... but I think it would be good to go for a model that has a variety of inbuilt stitches ... all the best .. :)

3. Eashasuvana

Hi....Thank you......that was very helpful...i wanted to buy a machine that has straight stitch, zigzag and chain-stitch.

which is the best (among the less-costlier ones) available in the market??? Kindly give in your suggestions please....

4. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

you cant do chain stitch with ord machines ... i think there is a machine jz for chain stitch ... but otherwise many high end machines also have emb functions inbuilt .. hope this helps .. :)

5. Eashasuvana

Thank you Jinigi92...

I already had Usha Janome which does have embroidery option, but the machine cannot be operated for more than 3 hours (approx) at a stretch (i.e. even with many a breaks in-between as embroidering will demand).

The machine heats up and the stitching goes haywire, has many a thread-breaks, tension problems, and needs to be left out for 2-3 days to rest. So working out with Janome for extended embroidery work like working on a saree takes months to complete. None of servicing has helped and the machine is for limited embroidering like working on the blouse etc.

I checked out Ranew 130K model yesterday....where they showed me two options, one with ordinary motor and one with power motor and it has two stitches - straight stitch and zig-zag.

I would like to know about Juki embroidery machine too before buying one.

Kindly anybody who has an embroidery machine like Juki, Sahana....please give in your feedback.

waiting for reply from IL'ites....

6. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

i hv replied to ur msg ... also if u are gonna buy ranew .. then you better use it only for emb ... and not keep changing between reg stitching and emb .. and yes if u work on sarees ranew is good .. i hv given u a detailed explanation .. no idea abt juki .. i hv a brother that is more than 30 yrs old .. and still going gr8 fr reg stitching .. :)