Which One Is Better ?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Kukudukuu, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am working as a school teacher. Which one is a better option ? To stay at home and pursue my interest or to continue working ? PS, I have not been treated very well by DH while I was not working previously, money was not his concern though..

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I think working is better option . Atleast you get some change rather sitting at home and being ill treated from husband . Being a school teacher anyways you get many holidays so you can relax and do wat you like.

Kukudukuu likes this.
  3. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Being a school teacher is not a luxurious job anymore I can't really relax over weekends as ILs are waiting to come over and relax.. it is becoming very tiring for me..

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

My Sincere advice, unless you have huge problems like health, place of work, (If not India, Visa issues) etc., please don't call it quits. Every working women would reap benefits (of course at the cost of others) long term. Some people call it financial independence, financial stability, financial support, passion, learning things practically etc.,. Instead of looking at the negative things/happenings of your life try to see if there is any good that is going to happen IF you work. If you find at least one, which can change your life, then go for it lady!

Good or Bad, Right or Wrong decision is all yours.

Good Luck!
    Stay blessed

Kukudukuu likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I meant summer vacations as such!

Kukudukuu likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Kukudukuu - What is your interest that you want to pursue? Will it take up an entire work day? Can you hire some additional help and work on your interest while you teach?
    Btw, what are the long term prospects for this interest? Are you looking at making this interest into a career? If it’s a long haul, do you have support to pursue this? I know I can’t because I don’t have the bandwidth or persistence required to follow through. Make sure you have a game plan before you quit your current job. Especially since you have a situation where you are not treated fair when you are unemployed.

7. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Though it might or might not take up entire day depending on how much time I will be spending in it.. but my current job is draining me out physically.. that's the main reason for this second thought..

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Summer vacation is for about 2-3 weeks in this school..

shravs3 likes this.
  9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Find another job or take tuitions at home. But don’t quit your job with a spouse that does not treat you well if you don’t have a job.
    Since IL’s seem to come every weekend to chillax don’t over do your hosting. Cook simple food and take time off from them in your room. Don’t be at their beck and call. Let the son take care of them. He can’t expect you to work full time weekdays and be a full on sanskari bahu on weekends .

iamsrihere, Kukudukuu and shravs3 like this.
  10. ShrutiSane

ShrutiSane New IL'ite

The main thing is that what you want to do and which is your interest. If you like to teach, you can try for another school rather than change your passion. The job of the teacher is always the good choice.