Which of the following describes your family setup? -Poll for 7thAug to 13thAug,2005

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Induslady, Aug 8, 2005.

Which of the following describes your family set-up?

1. I'm married and we are living in a joint family (parents / in-laws, brothers, sisters, kids, etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm married and only parents / in-laws are staying with us

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. I'm married and we are living away from the family (living in a different place due to work)

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  4. I'm married and we are living separately (family or parents living separately in the same place)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. I'm single and I live with my family (parents, brothers, sisters, etc.)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I'm single and I stay away from family (all because of work!)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,

We thought of hosting a poll this week to know how each of our families are set-up.

Whether most of us in our community are married and living as joint family, or living away from family, or living with parents alone with you, or still single and living with parents, etc.

Take the poll, cast your votes and share with the community about your family set-up! It will be great to know about each others family, isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005

2. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Miss our family!

We are living here in the UK because my husband works here. Looking forward for a good job opportunity to go back to India and settle down with our family.

We miss our family a lot. Back in India, I can also often visit my parents.

It's very hard staying so far off from the family :-(.

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Ya..missing home

I am living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with my husband and a daughter. Basically from Bangalore, we miss everything back home..from our family to the food. Hoping to go back soon. Though KL is a nice place...nothing like HOME.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  4. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

My in-laws are with us!

Hi all,

My in-laws have visited us here in the US and will be with us for close to 6 months. We plan to keep extending their stay here, so that they can be with us for long.

5. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Many of us sailing in the same boat!

Hi Ladies,

Looks like many of us are away from our family in a different place due to work. I hear from lots of friends back in India that job and business opportunities are booming in India off-late.

Guess we all should soon decide to go back to be with our family :wave

6. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Myself, my husband and two kids are living in Memphis, TN. My parents and my in-laws visit us frequently. Nowadays work related mobility has increased so much that it is hard to find true joint families. - Uma

7. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Which of the following describes your family setup? -Poll for 7thAug to 13thAug,2

Iam living with my husband in Chennai.My only sister lives in Kuala lumpur,Malaysia. My dad is in Malaysia. My mom is in Kerala.
    So all of us live away from each other. We meet once a year sometimes not even that.We do visit each other individually at different times though.