1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Which kind of doctor should we consult for migraine?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by SubbuKapadia, Mar 25, 2015.

1. SubbuKapadia

SubbuKapadia New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot] Hello everyone, is there any relief or treatment available for migraine? My mom is 43 years old and from the last 15 years she is suffering from migraine. Every time she sits in a car or gets the smell of petrol, she gets this terrible headache and starts to vomit after sometime. She always confines herself at home and rarely goes on vacation. I feel that due to this problem she is missing out so much in life. She says she has consulted few doctors and they say with age this problem will reduce, but I doubt it. Can someone please help me? Which kind of doctor should we consult for migraine? [/FONT]

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@SubbuKapadia:
    First you should approach a general physician to figure out the level of the headache. Depending on the intensity, he/she will may direct you to a neurologist/ neuro physician. (This is what happened in my case).
    In my experience, no treatment has worked so far. Drinking plenty of water helps to some extent.

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi, For my migrane, I consulted a reputed ENT doctor. He asked me to get a XRay of my skull face down. Post that I had to take tablets for 3 months and my migrane has reduced from twice a week to one a month during periods only. Please consult a Doctor - ENT or neurology.