1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

which is best electric rice cooker?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by monapaul, Jul 20, 2008.

1. monapaul

monapaul New IL'ite

hi all ,
    i had a west-whitinghouse rice for 5 years(dont know if it is available or not....does anyone have idea) only the inner vessel has a minute hole otherwise its fine....is it posssible to buy the one alone...or could youplease which is good electric rice cooker...thanks in advance

2. kvidhya

kvidhya New IL'ite

Re: which is best electric rice cooker

Hi Mona :

i am using a National Panasonic brand non stick rice cooker for the past 6 years - never had any problem with it,the rice comes out real fluffy and well cooked . it cost $90 while we purchased it,give it a try - not sure if it is available now .we got it from Willam Sonoma shop in the mall hope this helps !

3. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

Re: which is best electric rice cooker

hi mona,
    even i use national panasonic rice cooker for past 2 years and its quite good!!!!
    i have not experienced any problems with it as yet.
    its one of the most popular and trusted brand in rice cookers.
    regards
    pavi

4. monapaul

monapaul New IL'ite

please suggest the best rice cooker?

hi all
    , i want to buy a rice cooker electric one,which will work better..cud some suggest me the best rice cooker..thank you .

5. coolgirl

coolgirl New IL'ite

Re: which is best electric rice cooker - Hamilton beach or Aroma?

Hi All,

I need to buy a 10 cup rice cooker as I want one which can be used when I have guests at home for lunch or dinner. I was looking at Aroma 10 cup rice coker and hamilton beach 10 cup rice cooker. Could any of you you tell me as to which one is a better brand? I am not sure about which one to buy. Plz suggest me with one of the above two.

Thanks in advance.

6. mdas

mdas New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I see that most of you are outside India. Well I am very much in India in the bangalore city. I am working woman who is usually busy with office work. But there are times when i crave to do things for my home that I love doing. one of them is maintaining a smart and user friendly home.

My 1st queation to all.. I bought amaharja rice cooker.. brand related to panasonic. but it has not worked since day 1. i really am dissappointed.. I have aprestige rice cooker and it works like heaven. any suggestions...Drowning

7. theamma

theamma Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I have small rice cooker for every day use and a big 10 cup Aroma rice cooker for parties. Inside is non-stick and it works well for me.

8. AnithaSrinivas

AnithaSrinivas New IL'ite

Aroma rice cooker is good. I purchased mine from COstco.. Target too carries it..

9. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Even i have aroma rice cooker and like it, got mine 10 yrs back and it is still working fine, but the nonstick inner pot is peeling , so now i got a new one, the new one has extra features like delay timer, brown rice, white rice options etc.
    i liked the delay timer feature. i can put the rice in with water and set the delay timer to start after 2 hrs or 3 hrs depending on what time u want the food to be ready. so this way we can switch it off as soon as it is done. if u let it on in keep warm for a long time, the crust is formed on the bottom of the pan. so to avoid this layer the delay timer helps.

10. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

My mum used Zojirushi brand for a number of years ---- not sure if it is still available , but performance was outstanding :thumbsup ! Never formed crust, very easy to clean and had a pretty design too.