1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which Formula is best

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

rani, our baby did well with avent bottles which came along with the pump. but i have for now stopped feeding her formula, since a month.
    i did a bit of my research since mine was an EBF baby and all bottles made her extremely gassy at around 5.5 months of age. but she did well with pigeon periastaltic nipples with the bottles. and avent bottles with newborn flow teat.and sometimes i used the slow flow teat, which was very fast for her.

now we are going to formula feed her in her sipper.... but that ur baby is quite tiny at the moment. u can try either avent or pigeon. one word of caution though, pigeon teats are extra soft silicon, and she had nipple confusion and rejected breast for 3 days... after which i stopped using them altogether.

the avent BPA free bottles for some reason leak, but the lot that i got along with the pump, do not leak.

pigeon glass bottles i found them too heavy.

theres one more brand that u can try, Dr browns anticolic bottles... they are very good(one of my friend uses them for her LO). i saw them at best baby in coimbatore, and i learn u have best baby in chennai too

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Rani,

I am using Avent BPA free and airflex bottles nd so far good. The only prb i had with my BPA bottles was leak and now i fixed it. I m not giving formula for my LO. Using bottle only for BM feeding. Teats, I use newborn flow and stage 1 flow.

3. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poonam and Padmini,
    We had sanju’s 3<SUP>rd</SUP> dose DTP Vaccination y’day. As I have to join office on Monday my Paed asked me give Aavin Milk. I said I am not comfortable in giving Aavin and asked her to suggest formula. She asked me to go ahead with Nan 1. Today itself I tried 1 ounce. He was initially throwing so I added BM with formula and gave.
    Does Pigeon brand sells BPA free bottles?

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

thats how i started rani, first used to mix 1 oz formula with 2 oz breastmilk then eventually gave her 3-4 oz formula. pigeon bpa free bottles arent avail here.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  5. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

No Rani,

Only Avent have BPA free...and yes as poonam suggested mix BM with formula and try with your LO.