1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which Formula is best

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

whole milk ramya is which has 4.5% fat.. like amul gold, nestle, i think one of the aavins milk will also have higher fat content. i am guessing there are different colored packets with diff fat content.
    all of these are cows milk!

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Ramya,

First you need to check what your LO is comfortable with. Formula is good to start with. In case you plan to give packet milk then you need to give an iron supplement along with it. Formula already contains iron so no need of supplementing. Whole milk is without removal of fat content it could be Nestle/ Aavin. You can balance the intake with semi solids, fruits without worrying too much about the milk intake. The toned milk is with reduced fat content and that is what we take at home so I am right now giving Lenora the same, may be after a year I plan to switch to whole milk that is with more fat content. Most packet milks too are mentioning whole/ toned milk you can check what is available.

Instead of reinventing the wheel you can check with all at home as to what was given to infants earlier, you can get a better idea and can play safe. I ask my mother and my paed and then take a call according to my instincts.

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

correct Lee, its only after 1 yr that they can digest whole milk :)

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Can formula be mixed in water and stored for 3-4 hours? I remember seeing in the NaN1 box that it will stay only for 30 min.
    Or can I mix and refridgerate it?

5. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Ramya,

No, you cannot use the formula for more than 30 mins....max of 1 hr...

6. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Ramya,

What is the benefit of storing? Agree with Padmini formula should be had immediately or half and hour max, if sipped then the complete formula should be thrown away.

7. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Mommies.

LO didnt like Nan 1 and now that i need to go back to work in another 40 more days and need to think of another milk...Is it ok to give aavin milk which has 4.5% fat?...planning to introduce that only a week before i join....

8. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

padmini i think it would be 4.5 g fat and not 4.5%?m asking coz anymore than this ur LO wont be able to digest. whole milk only after 1st bday. that has 8 g fat.

9. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My DD is 6.5 months old. Uptil now she had most of the time BM only. Sometimes may be 1-2 times a day I used to give NAN1 sometimes. But, starting from April 1st, she is completely on BM and now recently I am trying to get her accustomed to NAN2. But, it is very difficult you know.

She is so much interested in BM that after she eats cerelac also, even if she is getting sleep, she feels cranky (whatever the time, may be 45min-1hr or so). Finally, atleast 1 sip BM she drinks and then she sleeps nicely. So I feel that she is habituated to BM. My mom is advising to stop BM for her now. As it will be too difficult to refrain her from drinking BM later. Is it real true that it wil be difficult later?

Also, am using Mee-Mee bottles for her. No problem with them as of now. I take out the bottle before there are 1 or 2 drops in it still. Still will there be a chance for becoming gassy?

Deepchiran.

10. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I have to join office next week and planning to start formula. I need to buy some feeding bottles. Please let me know some BPA free brands for me to buy.

I saw Pigeon and Camera Glass bottles in NH, Can i use it ?

Regards

Rani