1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which epilator to use in India?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by ivlakshmi, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    There are various epilators available - panasonic, braun , philips and other brands. I spoke to one epilator dealer and he said he will provide me one?
    So ladies please tell me your views on which one to use- I need a less painful, easily washable one..Most importantly it should not effect my skin..

Can the epilator be used on legs and under arms too? I have a thick hair on legs and kind of bit scared..

2. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Epilators seem to work better on thick hairs. If you want to use Epilator on thin hairs, you must be patient. For thin hair, you are better off sugaring it (if you need information on how to create home-made sugar paste, I will write about it)

Power standards are different in India and USA. If I bring an epilator from USA to India, I will not be able to plug it into the power outlets.

So when you buy epilator, ask whether you can plug it into power outlet in India.

2 people like this.
  3. ivlakshmi

4. ivlakshmi

Hi Zipzip,
    I finnaly got philips epilator and i am satisfied with it

5. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hey!! how epilators work? i hav'nt used ever so any info will be quite useful!!

6. zipzipzoomzoom

Epilator are about 40 to 70 (depends on the epilator) tweezers all tweezing your hairs out at once.

Newer ones are less painful.

It takes patience to use Epilators because they don't tweeze all the hairs in the area the first time. You may have to go over a particular area 3 or 4 times.

Also, when you first use Epilator, it may not pull hair from the root, but might break it from the shaft. Don't worry, the more frequently you use Epilator, the more likely it is to pull hair from root. Plus, pain is less and less.

7. ivlakshmi

Hi 6teens,
    What zipzip said is true.. I feel that it is less painful when compared to waxing.. Worth investing..Skin would remain same.. after tweezing u can apply moisturier to reduce redness..
    If you go over the area bit slowly then u can get more hair being plucked..this is my observation

8. zipzipzoomzoom

Slow and steady is the way to go. If you are in a rush to use the epilator, it will be frustrating (believe me, it will be frustrating).

Slow and steady, and AGAINST the direction of hair growth because the tweezers need to grasp the ends of the hairs to pull out.

1 person likes this.
  9. SarahMullen

SarahMullen New IL'ite

• Best I have ever used is the Karmin
      :: p: Kissingsmiling:

: Eek::)

10. honeyku41

honeyku41 New IL'ite

Looking for the good epilators for me,but did not get the proper information about the epilators .