1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which do you prefer Joint family or Nuclear family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Feb 19, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I know many people will prefer Nuclear family in the present age. Joint family has its own advantages and disadvantages too. In a joint family children will be taught good culture, will be taken care with love and affection. If a working woman can leave the children with grandparents who will take care. But now a days children dont listen to their grandparentsin some houses and due to modern technology they like to see TV when their parents are not at home.

When I got married I was in a joint family. My brother in law , my husband's two nephews, mother in law(was there only for 2 years) were all there. In the early years I used to feel seeing them in the kitchen. When I had to go out sometimes my husband used to send my brother in law with me . During my delivery they all helped. We had in differences between us sometimes but enjoyed also being in a joint family. My elder daughter was looked after with care and love and everyone used to love her very much and never leave her down when she was akid. When any function they never used to keep a cook those days and everyone together used to cook and manage well. Later my brother in law and husband's nephews shifted and we had to keep a lady to look after the children.

7 people like this.

2. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ma,

hope you are dping fine. I prefer joint family, because as you said, children will grow with abundant love and learn culture. Because of my mother in law, my son spoke early and got good nutrition. So, my vote is for joint family only.

3 people like this.
  3. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Nuclear or Joint , Having a family itself is good to have . We are blessed that we have a family :)

3 people like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Feeling extra brave today ?...starting hot topic in Married Life forum? :tongue

Often wondered what you did for childcare. You should write about this one day.

4 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

Wow @Rith dear glad to get your first feedback. I am fine dear, how are you. Glad to know you prefer joint family and to know that because of your mil your son spoke early

6. iyerviji

Thank you dear for your feedback and your views

7. iyerviji

Glad to get your feedback dear. I know dear its a hot topic and when friends like you are there to support me why should I bother. I had problems with maids in child care . Sure aapki farmayish puri karoongi

1 person likes this.
  8. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I grew up in a joint family.Eventhough i enjoyed a lot of care and affection during my growing up years,once the joint family disintegrated into nuclear families,there arose a lot of pointing fingers,blaming each other etc and now i feel like i could never get back those same people and the same affection again.Its better to go for nuclear family than to suffer all these heartbreaks.

5 people like this.
  9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji maa,

It depends on the family members also. It will make a good family if everyone in the family likes being in a joint family, if not, a single person can spoil the entire family bonding.

I have mixed opinions on this....sometimes i feel its good to be in a joint family as we can support each other, but sometimes i feel its good to be in a nuclear family instead of living together and fighting & losing the bonding.

10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

If I were given a choice, I would choose to live in a joint family. As you pointed out, there are soooo many advantages. :thumbsup

I have never lived in a joint family, so my choice may change if I actually experience it. :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.