Which do you most often........Poll for 25th Mar 2007 to 31st Mar 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 25, 2007.

Which do you most often prepare for your family's dinner?

1. Dosa / Idli & Chutney

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Rice & Sambar

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Fish & Non-veg items

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Noodles / Pastas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Others - specify

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello all,
    Breakfast time is always hurry-burry affair. Lunch time is spent in their respective schools/office/ home.
    But Dinner time is THE family time. It is when the whole family is there in the dining table discussing about how the day was for all the individuals. The small talk in the table goes a long way in bridging an emotional bond between the family members.
    Have you come to the conclusion that this week's poll question is about family and relationship. Hold on, the poll topic is on cooking.
    What do you prepare for the dinner which has such a significant bonding element. Take up this week's poll topic. Also share the most interesting dinner menu you had this week.

2. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi laxmi.
    that's realy a good question . i bet all the ladies hv a same problem what to cook today as well me . well as i am a north indian i generaly cooks north indian dishes and i am sindhi so my dishes r sindhi as well .

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,

You need to include one more category in your list. Rotis/ NI dishes. We do have many NI members too.

Anyway for me at home, it is always alternated between rice( sambhar curry , or dal ) and rotis( with some NI subji or kootu) , every other day during the week. If lunch is rice, dinner is chapatis and vice versa. Weekends we have , all the heavy tiffin stuff, or continental, chinese , mediterranean etc... cuisines.

Vandhana

4. Laxmi

Hi Heena
    Thanks for your post and commetn on what is cooking in your kitchen.

5. Laxmi

Hi Vandhana
    Thanks for your feedback and suggestion. Exactly that is the reason I provided the category Others - specify so that our members could use that for options for dishes like Chapathi, poori, parathas, roti, pizza, pulao or any other cusine.
    Thanks again for your participation.

1 person likes this.
  6. padmausha

padmausha New IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

This is an interesting poll. I usually find it easier to decide the menu for weekend rather than weekday. Weekdays menu will be based on time availability to cook dinner and lunch for next day(I usually cook rice or side dish for chappathi for next day's lunch on the previous night itself). And most of my dinner menu will be finalized during lunch break in my office. Along with having my lunch, I usually browse/think and decide about what to make for dinner for the night. Usually our menu for dinner will be like this:
    Day 1: Idly
    Day 2: Salad or pasta
    Day 3: Rice & sambar (or) Rice & puli kuzhambu
    Day 4: Dosai or adai
    Day 5: Upma (or) frozen chappathi (or) rice & thogayal (or) order pizza from pizza hut!

We prefer chappathi, tomato rice, vegie pulav, capsicum rice, etc for lunch. So we don't make these for dinner.

And my weekends menu will surely include a kuzhambu, curry, rasam, pachadi or kootu.

Regards,
    Padmausha

7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

mine is boiled egg with buttered bread, fried ham, and chocolate drink. or croissant, cereals. sometimes i will make upma or idli.
    the lunch time nobody is at home so usually i eat sandwich with ham,cheese and cake,
    but the dinner is important because all my family is around me so i cook rice, charrou, chicken curry or mutton or prawn.
    the friday i dont eat meat so i cook vegetable, dals.
    on the week-end i do idlis with chutni, dosai, peserratu with allam pachadi.
    biryani, sambar.
    :wave

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

I generally make a Dal (moong, urad, arhar etc) and a subji (matar paneer, aloo gobi, aloo matar, aloo beans, aloo shimla mirch, palak ka saag, kadhai paneer, shahi paneer) in dinner with Rotis...

9. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Dinner time is family time. We sit down to-gether and have fun along with special dinner. We do not have a set menu. It could vary anywhere between Parathas, Sevai, Upma, Chinese Platter, Lasagne etc.
    So under others we can add a big list:) .

Regards
    USHA

10. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    My family feel satisfied only when we have our traditional dinner.Whereever we go,whatever we eat outside like pizzas,icecreams i feel a sense of relief only when i eat my mother's sambar,rasam, and curd rice.So my vote is for that.