Which are best for dress materials ?Washermanpet/Sowcarpet/Parrys

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by vdeepab4u, Mar 16, 2012.

Best area to buy salwar materials

1. Washermanpet

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Sowcarpet

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Parrys

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi friends, i planning to get some salwars for regular office use. butget between 300-500 rupees. i will be taking some of my friends too for the shopping since they too wanted to get some materials for cheap rates. Since we are buying in more quantity, we thought we could go to washermanpet or sowcarpet or parrys to get best deal.

So please ILs suggest me which area would be better to get salwars at nominal rates.

2. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

i heard from my sister who is near to washermanpet in M.C road u will get materials not oly materials many dresses sarees,kids dresses hadbags,slippers like in t nagar )for cheap.i have seen sowcarpet also there we can get varieties but cheap or not i am not able to judge. in Godown street there are lot many wholesale shops are there though i dont have any personal expe in buying i have seen the shops whole sale... so might be they can give discount if u buy in bulk...
    So please share ur reviews after your purchase so i can able to use it when needed.

1 person likes this.
  3. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can try at Pantheon road, Egmore where you get good cotton materials at reasonable rates.............you must bargain well, Deepa and most of the materials have good saree width.

4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your input Sudha. Yes, even i am confused between these areas. Once I have been to washermanpet, sarees are at very reasonable prices.. but didnt try salwars there.. the other two places i have heard it but not been there.. lets wait for some more replies..

5. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi thanks for stepping in.. Yes i have been to pantheon road many times.. there we'll buy 2-3 tops for 1 bottom and duppatta like mix and match.. worth going it.. noted this option too.

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Preferably its Sowcarpeth thats because of the variety and good rates. There are a loy of wholesale shops, so am sure it will fit in your budget

1 person likes this.
  7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

pantheon Road is good wrt Salwar Materials and the prices are reasonable...

1 person likes this.
  8. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Ya i have heard Sowcarpet is famous for latest trendy dresses but heard it is costly too.. but you have said it is reasonable.. that seems good.. noted this option too.

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

The designs are good thts because most of their stuff comes from the fashion city Mumbai. There are shops which have the high-variety, but am sure you will find your like over there. Other than this, there is also a good shop in Cissons Complex, Montieth Road called Saheli. They also have a very good collection of dress materials and readymades plus the rates are reasonable.They also do a very good tailoring job and will even suggest you good patterns if you ask for it.

10. AnuKrish07

AnuKrish07 New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Pantheon road this week, but not sure if the shops are open in the morning hours.... what time do they start selling...? ILs pls let me know...