Where to shop in chennai, trichy and kumbakonam etc

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by indianlover, Feb 17, 2012.

1. indianlover

indianlover New IL'ite

Hi there lovlies,

I am coming to india for 12 days and i need plenty of shopping tips. I will be travelling to trichy, chennai and kumbakonam mainly. I have planned to buy plenty of beautiful kurtis/tops. Do they have shops that sell like mix match tops with pattella pants or leggings which we can choose from? I would like yo buy plenty of cotton sarees that are of unique designs,where can i find shops apart from the chennai silks or rmkv that will sell these. I want to also but accessories like huge kundans, jhunkas (aritificial/costume jewels) etc and fashionable Indian style handbag clutch! THANK YOU! Pls help me make my trip a fruitful one! =)

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In chennai:

Kurtis/leggings/patialas: Flora in Pondy Bazaar
    Artificial jewellery: Jhill Mill in Pondy Bazaar, Dreams come true in Prince Plaza, Egmore
    Cotton Sarees: Rangachari, mylapore

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

For artificial jewellery go to narayana pearls in pondy bazaar. If you want ordinary jewels you can bargain and get artificial jewellery at throwaway price in platform shops there too. Sundari silks in T nagar has exclusive pieces of dresses and sarees. Just peep in there.

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In Trichy:

Mix-match tops/Kurtis/Patiala/Leggings/Cotton sarees/Artificial Jewellery - Naidu Hall, Thennur

Narayana Pearls is also in Trichy, Thillainagar, 4th cross street
    Also, you can get a huge variety of handbags/artifical jewellery from NSB Road, Theppakulam area

5. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Artificial Jewellery = Narayana Pearls and Jhill Mill in Pondy Bazaar

Silk ------- Pothys

kurtis/tops -------- you can see them lot in road side shops in Pondy bazar(but have to bargain a lot)