1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where To Go When You Become Elderly - Hospice? Ashram? Pilgrimage?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Isn't it darn stressful? Having to be good, and taking a chance that the goodness of one's behavior is going to rub off on those at home, who'd be fit, and in the right frame of mind to take care of one?
    Would it be better to have someone who helps to nudge us out of this mortal coil, instead of dying of influenza?

2. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

hI,
    Nowadays i always say that i am not afraid of Death but afraid of living.This is of course due to my Cancer problem,though recovering ,I have to pay a huge Price financially,mentally, spiritually & physically..

Still Nothing in our hands .In MOUNA VYAGYAN , the saying is however one tries to prevent it happening,it will happen. Whatever happens/desires to make it happen,it will never happen. Every thing already predestined.Then why do unnecessarily worry ? BE a silent spectator.

If the kids are going to take care or u /ur DH can take care enjoy AC .Good hospital..... If not some temple premises, Ashram & Undai katti ,Bhisha for Bojan.That is Life. I always say this when my son asks me in reply to my desire to go to Kasi & leave my body there " Without AC u can't sleep one night. U will ask someone to accompany u even to go to ur brothers house next street. How will u go all alone there & live?"

Past cannot be changed .Future unpredictable. Just think of Tsunami & Ahmadabad Earth quake ,Chennai Floods,Vardha cyclone. Just in one fine moment all things are changed.So only today is in our hands ,Try to live true to yourself , not to please anyone except God or Guru & The last two will never forsake u & will definitely lead u to peace in this birth.Why to bother about unknown births?

Still more thoughts are in store for share.
    "The woods are lovely ,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep "

ChennaiExpress, salad and MaruthiRao like this.
  3. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Thoughts well expressed:)

On the lighter note, woods are a lovely, but we might need to make sure we carry mosquito repellents:)

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Home is one's castle!

You are absolutely right about the old person's home. So many instances of abuse because of bottled up childhood anger, or people taking undue advantage.

Also when old person is not in correct frame of mind, they chatter and chatter and people who take care of golden oldies for money haven't the heart and patience to be kind.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  5. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I am saddened to hear about your cancer. I pray it goes away. One of my co-worker's daughter has cancer. Luckily it is in remission and they are going for outing to celebrate.

My dear I pray you have great health and happiness.

About destiny.

Yes, that is true, lot of things are pre-destined. But we make choices in our lives. The outcome of those choices are pre-destined, like the Bhagavad Gita says do the work, don't worry about results.

That is so true.

So true.

Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever have family, but it is my ultimate dream to meditate in an ashram for the rest of my days. Or maybe stay in Tibet and attempt to circumumbulate Mount Kailash for as many times possible (lets see if I get to 108!)

I'm only scared of medications. Synthroid is commonly prescribed medication that once you take, you are stuck for rest of life. Wondering how I will manage, or if it's possible to gradually stop.