Where to give child birth India or US?????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amrita16soni, Dec 17, 2011.

1. healthy-mother

healthy-mother New IL'ite

If you want to give birth in India, you should check out places which emphasize normal delivery. Most hospitals have a 75% c-section rate, but there are a few birthing centers which practice natural birth. Please send me a message if you want to know about those.

Vijaya

2. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Hi Vijaya,
    Thank u so much for your reply. This is for what i m afraid of(CS). I am staying in bangalore and i want to know hospitals near banergatta.Apollo and Fortis are nearby but i don't know whether the facility for maternity purpose over there is gud or not. I have searched out in google, I found one "lady hospital" its review is gud.
    If u know which emphasize for normal delivery then plz let me know.

3. healthy-mother

healthy-mother New IL'ite

I have heard Dr. Praveena Shenoy of Manipal hospital is a good doctor who supports natural birth. But you should yourself talk to her with your husband and ask her questions. Ask her what her commitment to natural birth is. Will she herself be present during your labor. What is her c-section rate etc.

In the end you must become confident that you can help yourself have a good birthing experience. After all women's bodies are made to give birth over thousands of years. We have heard of cases where some doctors ascribe reasons such as "you are too short" or "you are too old" to send mothers into the operating theater. This is wrong and there is NO evidence in medical science to support these sort of reasons. Even in cases where this becomes an issue, it is only in rare cases. For a mother who is otherwise healthy, and has had a healthy pregnancy, it is definitely possible to have a natural birth if your doctor and hospital supports you throughout your labor and you have your loved ones near you. That is how in the olden days women used to give birth at home, supported by midwife and family members.

There are many websites which are truly good sources of information - Lamaze International: Promoting Natural, Safe and Healthy Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond and Gloria Lemay.

- Vijaya

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  4. mituyadav

mituyadav Platinum IL'ite

Hi Amrita,

Even we are in the same dilemma to have the baby in US or India, for same reason - NRI status , ext fees..
    Can you let us know - how one can apply Indian Passport for a baby born in US . Is the PIO card sufficient for that ? The Procedure details will help.

5. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Hi Mitu,
    I have searched a lot on this topic.
    I got some links even
    Indian passport for US born child to Indian parents

Indian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

better have a view on these. But I think being in US also u can get indian passport/citizenship of child, its not necessary that the child born in US has to take US citizenship. But u hve to apply immediate after child birth in indian embassy. Then child can will be considered as regular citizen of india and will gain all the facilities whtever an indian citizen do get.
    But b4 considering better do surfing on google and go through the details.
    But this is for sure u will get better medication in US rather than india becoz here they consider many criterias and conditions. And i have asked many people about delivery proc. many said now in india 75% is c-section, but in US they will try hard to have normal delivery.

6. mituyadav

mituyadav Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Amrita for the quick response..

7. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Like others said C-section or normal delivery depends on situation not with delivery in India or US...I have been staying here for almost 4 +years..I have heard only 1 normal delivery out of 8 last year within my US friends circle..Most of the cases are baby in breech position or failure to progress in labour or dibetes/baby is big...I have never heard C-section is more in here or there..These all depends on circumstances and health of mother...

One thing I like more in US compared to India is friendly nurse/doctor and neat hospital environment.Heard we can get epidural if we want it in US.Not sure of India though..
    Find a good hospital in India ..Thats the solution for it.

8. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite