Where to give child birth India or US?????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amrita16soni, Dec 17, 2011.

1. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

hi all,
    This is my first pregnancy. Lot of questions running around in my mind. One of them is " where to give child birth whether in India or US"?
    I have heard that now a days in India , it is very minimum chances to have normal delivery, they go for C-section as they find small difficulty in doing normal delivery. As i discussed wid my frnds as well they all tell like if u r here , deliver it here only. I also think here medication and all is gud for sure.
    I am staying in bangalore near bannergatta, there are gud hospitals but not sure if they try hard to deliver normal baby.
    I am afraid of having sizerian in India. But here in US doctors wait till last to have normal delivery.
    So i m in confusion. Plz reply me soon so that i can act accordingly . I m planning to india on 6th month starting.

2. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy !

Well I delivered in states coz I had a full insurance n I need not pay anything, and my mom came to help as well so it worked out fr me.

C-sec or normal is completely circumstantial ..it depends on baby's position n mom's health. I know all my frnds in India had normal birth n I delived in states had c-section, so it has nothing to do with India n states... My labour did nt process even after 36 hrs leading o a section.

Do dnt worry much India or states ... You have to be comfortable n more important is the help u can get during n after pregnancy , if you have your family to help ..nothing like that go for it.

All the best !

3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I second Rosenav... Whether in India or US, if the doc is good and experienced, if there is a slight chance for normal delivery, the doctor will go for that only... If there isn't any way to deliver the baby vaginally, anywhere in the world, the doc would do CS only... The doctor cannot be blamed for that... There is nothing like if ur in India, u will be done a CS and if ur in the US, u will get a normal delivery done... Somebody has misguided you... The medical facilities in India are also very good... Decide with ur husband and family and make the best choice suited for u...

4. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

I delivered this September in US. It was a normal delivery. But as others suggested it depends on mother's and baby's health condition if it is going to be a normal or c-section.
    Have healthy food and be happy. My best wishes to you.

5. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Thank you for these suggestions given by lovemymom and rose.This surely will help me.
    But yesterday only i searched out more on this. First we decided to have in india bcoz we were thinking the future child will get US citizenship and Nri status will be wid him , if the he/she wants to have study in india. and in this case there will be extra fees. But yesterday i found that it is not necessary to have Us passport or citizenship. If parents want then they can apply for indian passport for the child and he/she can go through normal education as it is for indian citizen. So I was thinking to have in States becoz above issue is cleared.

Can u guide me about the charges about delivery in states and in India. BTW it doesn't matters but still if I want to think on that and tk decision. And anybody having an idea on gud hospitals in bangalore. To my nearby house in bangalore there is fortis and apollo. Plz help me wid this also.

6. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    For our child we have got the US passport. If you have to take your child from US to India you need to have a passport and PIO.
    Regarding hospital charges it depends on your insurance. We had to pay around 1000$ from our pocket. I don't know about hospitals in bangalore.

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Amrita , Firstly a big bow to you.With lot of Indians craving to get US citizenship for their kids(and themselves too), you are different.Hats off to you!

Congrats on your pregnancy!As others said, the mode of delivery depends on the body condition of yours at the time of delivery.Good luck to you!

8. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Thanks bhuvnidhi and lovely mom

9. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

amrita,
    check about cradle in jayanagar

10. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Thank u sushma.
    Any idea about apollo and fortis.