1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Maternity clothes in USA (mainly office wear)

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Priya4oct, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am in my 3rd month (1 more week to go) and my belly is almost visible now.
    I am looking for some comfortable formal wear and while surfing founf it's good time to get maternity clothes. Since my 1st delivery was in India, always wore Kurta, salwar suits and got it stiched based on size. Now here I am having tough time to buy formal one.

Y'day I went to target, Sears, Old Navvy, Walmart and Gaps and didn't find good collection. Most of them had just for nameshake. Since I work and in client phasing role (A PM), I need some good maternity clothes for office. Can any one suggest me where to buy?

Also how many I should buy?
    I was just thinking to buy 1 pair of trousers and 1 skirt ..how many you all baught? Any other suggestion on clothing ?

I will travel to India for my delivery in 7 or 8th month and Planning to take break from work or definitely will not be back to USA.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Congrats on your pregnancy. You shud try motherhood store.Pant you can try to get 2 atleast in neutral colors. skirts maybe more than 2 becoz you can always get it altered in India.Regarding tops see if you can get sweater tops. That you can buy more in number becoz that can be altered.Look for shirts in motherhood they are not too expensive. Did you try to look in JCPenney or Kohls. Better yet Dillards.I love the quality of Dillards.You can try there. Good Luck.Dont worry they can be easily altered in india and worn after pregnancy phase too. Good Luck.

2 people like this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Chochlate and ChennaiExpress,

Thanks for your response!!

I was looking for motherhood maternity stores but looks like none is near to me. For normal clothes, i prefer Macy and JCP (both are around 20 miles), so planning to go next weekend. Do you have any suggestion what kinda trousers I should look, while looking in Target and Sears, I didn't like quality of cloth material. Same was in Old Navvy.

Also, I have another question, does same size work for whole nine months or I will need to change (I read in forum ladies mentioning they used pants bought in 3rd month, they wore till 9 month.

5. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

same size should work all 9 months...did you check in kohls ....there were maternity jeans and trousers on sale for $10 on kohls website....I had 4 trousers and 2 jeans...I never tried skirts.

1 person likes this.
  6. nivedtha

nivedtha New IL'ite

Try Babies R us too..I once remember seeing maternity clothes there as well!

7. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Thanks everone ..finally I visted outlet mall y'day. Got formal wear (pants and some tops) from Motherhood outlet. This is little expensive but worth for office goers. Baoght casuals, jeans, some tops and yoga pant from Burlington. It was too cheap..most of the items were between 10 to 20 dollor. But there were no formal wear.

8. elvenstephen

elvenstephen New IL'ite

It is better for you to make use of long skirts, comfortable stretchable jeans with top lose kurtas or T shirts. As you have already visited the main maternity shops in USA and not found any maternity cloth of your liking. In this situation my suggestion to you is that you should visit online maternity sites and go through your likings. For your convenience I am hereby mentioning you few online maternity sites which may solve your problem. You can visit mommymaliciousmaternity,pinkblush,destinationmaternity.

Good Luck