Where to buy Display Dolls?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by lasya11, Sep 25, 2007.

1. lasya11

lasya11 New IL'ite

hi everyone!!!!

I am from hyd and thanks to all of u that i could get to know a lot about our city from u all.We have the tradition of having the doll display duirng the dasera times and this time i am desperately in search of good idols of laxmi and saraswathi(preferable in clay).I am not sure where exactly i can find them....anybody with an idea of where they can be found please let me know.I have also heard that stands for displaying the dolls are also available.Anybody with details please do let me know.U can also share info if they are available in bangalore or chennai.i hope my dream of getting good idols and the stand would come true atleast this dasera.Awaiting for a reply,

Love,
    Lasya.:wave

2. lakme

lakme New IL'ite

Re: Doll Display

hi lasya,
    its nice to know that ur interested in displaying dolls during dasera .my granny used to do it.u'll get good idols in b'lore n chennai.here u can try lepakshi or any artifacts shop.the stand can be made to ur requirement by any carpenter.if u want ready mades try koti,ramkoti or ahsoknagar.
    hope u'll find all ur stuff fot this dasera.
    lakme.

3. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lasya,
    i bought stand in bangalore kalasipalya (market) one whole street is having shops selling this 5 steps stand cost around rs 650 /- u need bargain a lot for this price.

regards
    vidya

4. lasya11

lasya11 New IL'ite

hi lakme!!!!

thanks a lot for giving me info on doll display.Yeah i checked with lepakshi but could not find the clay dolls.I got to know that such dolls might be avilable at kalashree in jhills.Probably i need to check them out once.I shall keep u posted on the latest.bye!!!

-lasya.

5. lasya11

lasya11 New IL'ite

hello vidya!!!

Thank y very much on letting me know as to where the stand is available in blore.I can ask my friend to buy it form there and send it to me via transporters.Its really applaudable that there are so many friends helping me to make my dream come true.I shall keep u posted on the latest.Take care and bye!!!!

-lasya.

6. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi!:hiya
    Navarathri is nearing and I want to buy a new doll/golu stand of 5 or 7 steps.Where can I get a readymade one?Please give the address, location and phone number....:)
    Hi Lasya,Did you buy the dolls and stand?
    Love
    Meena

7. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meena,

Its been long time not seen in IL.How are you doing??For Navarathri kollu the dolls are available at Lepakshi emporioum(Abids/RTC X rds),now-a-days there are many arts and crafts exbhitions that are going on in the city,have a look at them,might find the required dolls at those exhibitions.

8. meenakrishnan

meenakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Latha,:)
    I am fine, thank you.
    I will visit Lepakshi emporium this week.
    I bought some golu bommais(dolls) from Giri stores in Skandagiri in Padmarao nagar, Secunderabad.They have stands also.They have only 3 steps, I want 5 or 7 steps ...so waiting to buy .:)
    Thanks again for the prompt reply.Do visit me during Navaratri..:welcome
    Love
    Meena

9. bamcam

bamcam New IL'ite

Hello ,
    Anybody please let me know a good inexpensive place to buy colorful Paper mesh dolls in Chennai. This is my first time for dolls display.
    Thanks,
    Priya

10. shanthagomathi

shanthagomathi Junior IL'ite

Thanks for your info.
    Can you tell me the exact place or shop name.