1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where This Married Life Is Taking Me To??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cutebarbie, Nov 9, 2018.

1. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Dear IL's,
    I have been married for 8 years and I have a kid aged 4yrs old. As my DH is working in gulf country, me and kid moved with him last yr. it's been 1.5 years we r staying together. Previously I was staying in India in my father house with my kid. My in laws are cruel to me and my kid as I had a love cum arranged marriage which they didn't like.
    Now the problem is, i have no frnds or family in this place. I have thyroid, pcod, nerves issues after c section. After a big struggle I had my baby. Now I don't have the previous energy or good health. I always feel tired and body pain 24/7.
    Kid is going to school and doing very average at school.
    DH leaves home at 7 and come home by 8.. sometimes 9 or even later. Some days he come by 7.30.. even after coming home he doesn't spend time with the kid.. he keeps using his mobile phone.. like when entering the house itself he would be watching some videos or movies or some chattings.. on seeing him the kid gets excited and runs to him.. but he shouts at the kid in a very rude manner.. then the kid cries and he immediately gets throat ache and cough next day.. after coming here kid is always having dry cough and we doing nebuliztion for that. This health issue of kid is already putting me into stress.. because of this dusty weather, kid is often getting infection and dry cough with wheeze.. but DH is like until he goes to sleep he would be using phone only.. while eating also the same thing.. he doesn't speak to me also other than jut asking something for his needs. Also during weekends he just sleeps till 12 noon and after that fully mobile.. on one holiday his screen time was near to 7hrs 23 min at night 7pm.. I was shocked to see this notification.. he also always shouts at kid if the kid ask him to come for play.. he doesn't help me with household chores.. also he loves going to clubs and some cinema award shows.. he somehow get phone numbers from girls there and start watsapp chattings.. I fought with him so many times regarding this.. but no change in his behavior and he never realize his m

2. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

He never realize his mistakes also.. if the kid goes to him, he plays some cartoons for him in tv and then he will be with his mobile.. my health issues, staying at home without job, no friends or family, kids health issue and DH behavior...... all these r putting me into so much of mental stress.. I don't know where iam going in this married life.. very much confused or scared about the future of me and kid.. what can I do to get a peace of mind?? Plz advice

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This is not good...

Screaming at a child...

Getting girl’s number and chatting on watsapp does not sound right..

Plus your health issues and stress not good for you..

I think it is time to get some help..how is your relationship with his parents ?Get your parents involved..

Honestly..you need to ask yourself what you want.You need things to be right else what is the next step?

Start getting mentally prepared.Your sanity,kids life is more important than your husband,his award shows and chatting to other girls.

If after everything,he is willing to change yes but otherwise you need to start thinking about your options in life coz for yourself and kid.

4. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Dear Anika,
    Thanks for the reply.
    His parents are very cruel in nature. Even now they would be happy to remarry their son to somebody and get a huge amount of dowry.. they doesn't want me to live with their son.. I made a mistake by believing him and marrying him.. ours is a love marriage.. actually I did not want to marry him because of his rude behavior which I had seen when we were in a relationship.. but he promised that he would not be like that after marriage, that's why I married him. But ever since I married him, iam struggling with his rude behavior.. my parents are very much aware of his and his parents character.. but they doesn't want me to end this married life.. because they are from a very conservative family and they don't like this divorce and living separately.. I had a very good job in a top Indian MNC before marriage.. but now it's been more than 6 years since in quit my job.. frankly speaking there is no positivity in this relationship.. and I do not want to continue living in this kind of atmosphere with the kid because iam afraid what the kid would think on seeing all these.. but as I do not have a job for myself iam not able to take a decision for now.. so iam thinking what can I do to make the present situation better..

5. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

Hi dear

Read your post, i can understand what u r going through. Not an unknown road.
    Just wanted to know, is there any classes or hobbies that you can pursue during the time when the kid goes to school. This could help you staying positive and that's hard to get sitting at home. May be you need an outlet and difference in environment that will help you. Do consider taking up a vacational course or master from a college. U can do part time courses to balance ur personal life.
    Regarding the kid i would say engage urself with him. Encourage him to make friends and do not let him alone.
    i believe when you would start giving less importance to ur husband and concentrate on ur life ( U HAVE A LIFE TOOO. REMEMBER IT) he would change too..

6. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

I would like to share some incidents here,
    Recently during a festival, DH did not buy dress for me and kid.. but he bought for himself.. I had a new dress for kid already at home.. DH dressed up and celebrated by going out and didn't take us with him.
    I had a infection on thumb finger 4 months back.. and the finger was swollen and filled with yellow pus. We went to hospital by taking the kid also and there kid was running here and there., I asked him to look after the kid as I had pain on finger.. but he was checking his mobile..and when asked he started fighting with me.. so I came back home without consulting doc..the next day I had fever and went again..
    Whenever he fights with me, he uses really bad words calling me and never ask sorry for that later.
    Each time a fight happens because of DH behavior, but he would not talk to me after that.. I myself will go to him and talk and make the relationship work..
    Whenever the kid gets fever, he would not even touch the kid and check.. he can't talk to the kid, can't play with the kid, can't take him outside, can't help in taking are of thekid, can't spend time with the kid....etc etc

7. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Dear laks,
    Thanks for the positive reply
    I joined a Zumba class 5 months back and was doing for 2 months.. but kids health issue is putting stress on me and I couldn't continue the class.. sending the kid to school 5 days in a week continuously without taking leave is a big task for me.. as he often gets dry cough and cold

anika987 likes this.
  8. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

See pa.. let me be honest. its 2 life's thats getting affected, urs and the kids.
    if you think ur life is not good, i really dont think u should let it be just for the fear of ur parents or society..
    u said u were working earlier, u need to think on how u can have a self sustained life....

u have a blessing in ur life( ur kid) and thats the biggest motivation that will drive you forward...

im not sure about the job opportunities in the place u live. But would recommend you to start looking for something suitable..

When u know ur husband is spending more time on phone and is not showing much interest, its the biggest alarm.. u should start working on making urself independent and face it.

u said u had a love marriage and have faced ur inlaws. im sure u are a strong women and what u r facing will past u soon.

sindmani, shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  9. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

ur kid is still small and they will have something or the other till they turn 7yrs.. Just add lot of garlic and ginger in his food.. Dont worry he will soon grow up as a strong boy..

sindmani, anika987 and cutebarbie like this.
  10. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

I will definitely do this

anika987 and lakssubbu like this.