Where Should I Go During Durga Pujo vacations

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by saradiawrites, Jun 24, 2009.

1. saradiawrites

saradiawrites New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    With Durga Pujo only three months ahead, I have already started making plans to go for a vacation during the Pujo. I am sure many of you will go for a vacation during this Durga Pujo. Last year, I went to Rajasthan. This year as well I am planning to go for a vacation, however, my Durga Pujo holidays have been curtailed, so this has confused me totally. :-( :-(

I am hardly getting 6 days of holidays and I cannot make up my mind about where to go for holidaying in a short period during the Durga Pujo. If you all have some suggestions, then please help me out.

I will be waiting eagerly…
    Saradia

2. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Last year went to Shantiniketan and we loved it.But then we are from Delhi and so miss Bengal.We want to repeat S'niketan soon again,esp. RANGAMATIR PATH.My son who's from the US,says ,wants to settle there.I don't mind too if I have the cash to buy up s'thing small there.

Wish the Admin would look after S'niketan,the place and its people are adorable.Loved the Art Museum as well.Loved interacting with the students there too.

3. debjanisen

debjanisen New IL'ite

Yeah, I agree...Shantiniketan is a great place. It's only 3.5 hours journey from Kolkata by car. And Delo, don't worry... you'd still get good plots of land at dirt cheap rates in and around Shantiniketan... Visiting Shantiniketan falls within weekend trips from Kolkata. For Puja vacation, within 6 days, you can go to:

01. Vishakapatnam - Araku valley - Jabbalpur
    02. Bodhgaya - Nalanda
    03. Dooars Region (North Bengal)
    04. Bhitarkanika forest (Orissa)
    05. Sunderbans
    06. Sikkim
    07. Cooch Behar (North Bengal)

Hope this helps you...
    Bye, debjan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  4. aditimajumder

aditimajumder New IL'ite

Hmmm... Six Days vacation from Kolkata??? You can try out the following destinations:

- Andhra Pradesh: Vishakapatnam, Araku, Ananthgiri
    - Orissa: Puri, Chilika, Gopalpur on Sea
    - North Bengal: Lataguri, Gorumara, Chapramari, Khunia, Jaldapara
    - North Bengal: Cooch Behar
    - Sikkim: East Sikkim or West Sikkim

5. shreyachatterje

shreyachatterje New IL'ite

Hey Delo,

Don't get disheartened - You'd get a lot of plots in dirt-cheap rates in Shantiniketan. It's a lovely place - I agree, but the summers are too harsh! But, when it rains, it really rains.

And, Saradia!! Why don't you try out Sikkim - Your trip could be Gangtok, Pelling, Pemyangtsey, Richenpong and Ravangla. You can cover it comfortably from Kolkata within 6 days and it would be a lovely trip...

I followed this route a couple of years ago with my family and it was a very nice experience.

Hope this info helps you out...

Bye... Shreya