Where is this T.Nagar ?

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    At first your post seemsto be hilarious, but it is the real truth about T.Nagar. I just see the photos in the newspapers about the crowd.
    Some 15 years back, I went to do the Deepavali shopping, 1 month prior to the festival. I had the most dreadful experience. Once a select a saree, I will have to hold it in my hand like it is my life. Otherwise, some female will snatch it from my hand. Above this, one has to be very very careful of female thieves. You might know, they will undress themselves if caught by the shopkeepers, to embarass the men and thus escape. That was the last time I went shopping here.
    Now I do the shopping at Rasi, Anna Nagar, from the time they opened shop. It is more quieter and the dresses are exclusive.
    Almost all the leading shops have their branches in Anna Nagar, so it is easier. But, now the speed with which Ambattur Estate is developing into an IT place, I dread to think about how crowded it will be in another year or two. Even now the real estate prices have gone up like the rocket. Traffic is so heavy and the roads resemble T.Nagar some years back. I dread to imagine Ambattur in a couple of years from now, leave alone T.Nagar.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are right, Varloo !

But still people clamour to visit T Nagar shops because they are advertised soooooo much ! There are people who will buy only in Saravana stores in spite of the heavy crowd there.
    Believe me or not, Varloo, I buy my sarees only from Madurai !!!!!
    Thanks for joining this thread.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.