Where is this T.Nagar ?

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Oct 17, 2006.

1. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

very apt

Dear all,
    Although Chithra's write up is hilarious it is unfortunately very true. I have been in chennai for the past 35 years and not very far from tnagar. Still the floating crowd in the whole place just amazes me and even on ordinary days I lose identity there. I have never dared to venture there during festive season!I am enjoying ths thread very much
    Regards,
    Meenu

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

T.nagar blues???

Lovely write up about T.nagar..:) by Chitra.Being a true,loyal resident of t.nagar I totally agree about the crowd.Initially I used to feel it's very lively around panagal park and is the best place to shop for clothes and accessories cos the variety to choose from is amazing.
    Happened to go near Saravana stores (North Usman road) a couple of days back and I have decided not to go anywhere near the place till Deepavali is over.Congestion is a mild word.. seeing the gathering there.. A stampede is likely anytime.
    I am told all shops in panagal park are open till 10-11 pm.

regards
    sowmya

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Meenu !

Let me assure you , I write
    the truth
    only the truth
    nothing but the truth
    Ha ha ha !
    Living atleast a km away, don't you feel the intensity of the crowd, where you live?

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

My dear Sowmya Honey !

Since you live in T Nagar, I was waiting for your post.
    My nephew from Madurai, who happened to pass Saravana opp: P Park said that only now he realiises the meaning of " Koottam alai modukirathu" !
    It is very true !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

T.nagar Koothhu

Dear Chithra,

You made me roll around. I haven't laughed like this for a long time. Tears were running down from laughing.
    How true of chennai. I have been here from the day I was born and hold chennai as my motherland.

I remember my childhood days when there was only R.R. STORES and Thirumalai book stall ,Kalyan Stores, Swarnam stores and one or two small shops here and there. We used to go to thirumalai book stall to buy notebooks and texts.

Those days!!! God ... How empty was Ranganathan Street. Four years back I went to shop there during Diwali and came running back home. After that I have never been there at this time..
    It was a very beautiful write up .
    Latha :wave

6. Chitvish

Thankyou, Latha !

I have been living in Gopalapuram & Mylapore, all through - so never was a T Nagar person. Years back I used to be a regular customer of vegetable market in Panagal Park & Bombay General Stores. With Nilgiris near my house & super vegetable shops in Mylapore, I hardly go to T Nagar. Even on ordinary days, Ranganathan street chokes me. I prefer the other side of N Usman Road where we have Sundari silks. That is not so bad !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

tooooooooooo hilarious, tooooooooo goood

Dear Chitra,

I enjoyed reading your post.
    BTW, are we going to these places when I come down to Chennai??? I just can't imagine the heat & crowd & I heard someone mention, "stampede". that's too strong a word & literally scares me. anyway, I've got you to take me around so I'm saved.

Good one. I read it out to hubby & we had a nice loud laugh about it.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Sounds awful

My memories of singara Chennai is so vague that I forget which one exactly is TNagar! But it reminds me of the Majestic area in Bangalore where all the cinema theatres are and a lot of shopping too. Last seen four years back, even the Garden City Bangalore is weighed down with the rambling crowds, so can imagine the situation in Chennai.
    All the same, Meena has made up her mind and has Chitra to guide her thro' these streets, but but gals...don't have high hopes of finding KPs and RPs there! If you manage and do find them, will see you on the Newsflash the next day:))

L, Kamla

9. Chitvish

Yaamirukka, Bayam aen, Meena ?

You name the plae, we will go, Meena !
    Well, you being much younger to me, who will "drag along" whom, we will decide, when we make it !
    Waiting to paint the town red - ha ha ha.
    We will give an announcement in the local I L notice board. Chennai I L ites can join. We will all together scare away the Mambalam ( T Nagar)shop keepers !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Blush, blush, blush, Kamla !

Our mood has changed from romance to intense shopping, Kamla !
    You still seem to carry the "hang-over" ? !
    The present T Nagar is the famous Mambalam of Chennai. You must have heard the name definitely.
    We may appear in the news flash, probably as " the old & the young - where are they heading, hand in hand" !
    I know you captioned "sounds awful" because you are "j" that you are far away & can't join us !!
    We will make it when you visit Chennai, as well !
    Again, Yaam irukka bayam aen ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.