Where is this T.Nagar ?

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Where is this T.Nagar?

Nobody knows accurately. It is just this lovely place in Chennai, which if you decide to visit for the second time, you get a free seasonal pass for a window-side bed in Kilpauk hospital.

Sounds like a holiday package..what if I manage a third visit?
    You get one year free admission at Yervadi, next to Sethu Vikram. Cost of chain included in the package.

Oh! You said it's a lovely place. Do people go there for sight-seeing?
    Kinda yeah, it is Chennai's own version of "Suicide Point".

Can we shop there?
    There are just two things you can do at T.Nagar. One,shop and two,die. The former is optional though.

My wife wants some good silk sarees. Where do I take her?
    Push her into Pothys and run. This is your best chance to live with some self respect in future.

What if I stay?
    You automatically qualify for Bihar elections.

What if I go in too?
    If you are Gopi, you'll come out as Gopi 65.

I heard gold is pretty cheap at some place there?
    Very cheap yeah, not just the rate. I guess you are talking about Ranganathan Street, Annachi shop.

Ya ya. How do I go there?
    You just need to stand at the start of that street. Close your eyes. Open your eyes. You are inside Annachi shop, courtesy : fellow shoppers.

Can I take my vehicle?
    Shut up! Even Laloo wouldn't do that!

Oh is it very crowded?
    Yeah, by the time you count the number of people around you, they can telecast Junoon twice.

Junoon?? What's that?
    Kadavule! Paathathu illiya Junoon neenga? Periya athu megaserial. Pesuvaanga maathi maathi thamizh athula.

Oh! By the way, do men shop in T.Nagar?
    Wise men stay away. Married men do shop.

I heard there are lots of platform shops?
    There is no platform. Only shops.

Whatever, how good are they?
    Very good infact. You get all sortsa brands including Nykee, Ribok and Adeedas. At cheap rates that too!

Hey isn't that phony? The spellings are all messed up!!
    Naah. They have been changed according to numerology, that's all.

Fine. Is there any good restaurant there?
    Ya, Saravana Bhavan.

Wow! What would I get there for, say 50 rupees?
    Quite a lot. Half a dosa, 5 ml Sambhar and some pebbles.

Pebbles? Why??
    Huh, you are dumber than a crow! To raise the level of sambhar ofcourse.

That's bad. But I heard there's a hot chips too?
    You'll be a hot chip yourself once you step into Ranganathan Street.

How is the air pollution level in T.Nagar?
    One deep breath and you'll die on the spot, money back guarantee.

So many issues, eh? Finally, what's the best thing about T.Nagar?
    Variety. So many shops, so many dresses and so many accessories. Even if you escape death by other mean, you'll be confused to death!

Love & regards,
    Chithra

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
    1 person likes this.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

where is this T Nagar, Chithra, is this the place you live?

luv u,Seena.

3. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re:Singara Chennai - T Nagar

Dear Chitra Madam

Thanx for mentioning abt T Nagar .......Yehi hai Chennai Meri Jaan.......Can u actually think of Chennai without T Nagar.......Lots of people......Lots of autos.......the purchasing power of the people surely has increased.......and with the advent of Saravana(not sure which saravana is what??) the crowd has just increased...........Infact all these shops have food court at the last floor.......so that u can actually take ur own time in choosing.......be it the jewellery shop, cloth shop, pavement shop..........But for this Festive Season the traffic has just been controlled very nicely (its even better than last year).......and we have started realising that main cause for traffic jam in chennai is auto (who always has an eye for savari...)........and with the venture of share autos things have become very easy for people now...........u have credit card/cash come to T Nagar........from kiah to diyas u will find every thing to buy........everything other than ur mom & dad................

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I am still rolling in laughter....imagining a Walk through T. Nagar! How very true! And i can imagine the crowd now , for Diwali shopping ....all the Big Names in shopping are there....it will be madness or death , as this mssg states! ha ha....good one...:clap

5. Chitvish

My dear Shahana !

I don't live in T . Nagar, thank God.
    It has become a very busy shopping centre in Chennai, with Saravana, Pothy's, Chennai Silks, Nalli100, R M K V - the list is endless & almost all leading jewellery shops. In the festive season, the crowd has to be seen, to be believed !
    Believe me, I have not so far visited any of these shops ! But when you come to Chennai, we will go round all these places, eat in the Food Court atop Pothy's & have a nice time !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

My dear Akhila Madam !

Chennai tumhari jaan - Madurai meri jaan !!!
    I was hoping, you will reply this thread because you are a Mambalamite !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Hello Sudha !

Don't imagine the T . Nagar of 6 yrs back, when you left Chennai.
    This is more crowded, more & more crowded & finally more, more & more crowded now.
    You need a heart of iron to venture into T.Nagar in festive season. Particularly, the crowd at Saravanas has to be seen to be believed. What Sridhar wrote about Ranganathan street in another thread is very true.
    Naan maduraikarippa, enakku intha over koottamellam othu varathuppa !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chithra

Hi Chithra
    Namma ooru Chennai eppadi varavendam.:cry: Ohh, unga oooru Madurai illa, athanal than T.Nagar was given a good thrashing in your hands.
    Any how I laughed reading the post. :clap
    Did u forward this message or is it your own. Pretty good.

9. Chitvish

My dear Laxmi !

Rishi moolam, nadi moolam ellam ketka koodathu !
    You are a whole lot to defend Chennai - we are just 2 ( now, 5) to defend enga ooru !
    So naan katchi maaravae maattaen !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

T Nagar has developed a lot in the last 2-3 years……..esp in the last yr alone there were new so many new stores………..Day in and day out I need to cross this place to go to my workplace……….so I have got so much used to this crowd now……….If you have enough time to spare you should visit T Nagar……..It has become like a mini B’bay here now……….and now for Diwali all the places look very bright………..each day we used to watch for the decorations by Pothys, RmkV, Saravana and New Nalli……and Ranganathan street…………..it has been ages since I had been to that place………from the bus towards T Nagar we can see only human heads in the street (really scary to see that crowd)…….You are surely missing something if you are not shopping in T Nagar……….(by the way chitra madam actually my native is Thanjavur and my husband’s is a village near Tenkasi….but as u said I am an hard core mambalamaite)….with T Nagar…….Ashok Pillar….Udayam Theatre……Saravana Bhavan…….Krishna Sweets……..Ayodhya Mandapam……..Krishna Gana Sabha near our place…………hmmm.....THE place to watch out at Chennai..........