Where do you think you waste money a lot??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by spuppala, Dec 4, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

These days we are spending a lot on travel,Be it local transport or for a holiday.Lack of proper planning and postponing the things are few reasons.If we had planned earlier(which is possible) we could have got the flight tickets for cheaper prices.As we kept postponing the things,we bought them for high prices :(

Need to take care of this from next time.Its always good to plan ahead and book early as soon as you decide a place for your holiday..

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

aah lots of common things that we waste money on!!! kids stuff mainly!!!

good thread:)

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Welcome Srividya :)
    yeah even my SIL wastes a lot on kids toys..any toy would just survive for 2 days..if not three..
    We need to teach the kids to take care ofthem as soon as they finish playing..

4. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

I too waste lot of money buying plenty of clothes for myself and sometimes they dnt fit me and after having kiddo i bought too much clothes and toys for him & each toy is just for 4-5 days........ I try to cease my temptation but sometimes can't....I made budget but always cross the limit..........

5. lovelife6

lovelife6 New IL'ite

I confess I do the same ,I have 2 full suitcases jam packed with new clothes with tags, with no space to hang them in my closet and yet have never used them.Dont even talk abt shoes and boots that I have.I avoid goin to malls just coz the temptation is so hard to resist.
    Now what I do is I have a list of things "that i want and that i need" , so wen i go shopping i take it with me and also i wait for the item to be put on sale.I leave my cards at home when i go shopping and take only cash esp for shopping.If i really like something i just put that thing/item down and walk around the store and then when i think abt that item i liked the urge to buy is gone..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. lovelife6

lovelife6 New IL'ite

Moreover if I'm really crazy on something i skip my shopping one month and save that month's $$$ so i can combine it with the next month and buy esp for gadgets..Moreover the gratification of waiting and saving and then buyin is so worth it!!!

7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

i waste my money mostly on clothes.. but recently i am trying to control that, everytime i have an inclination to buy, i think that, first give away the clothes that are not used for a long time before buying.. but i never get time to clean and give away the old ones. and hence due to lack of space i think..:bonk no no.. u have to clean and only then buy..

8. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

I waste my money on craft items like threads of different kind. I can't stop from buying when ever I see something new.I am trying to contain my habit.

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Dear Ils,

I hope now that you know that where you guys are wasting lots of money,it is easy to keep a check for all those unwanted spendings :) Lets us not take any chance in wasting money by buying unwanted things,,

Anyuna,

I think it is not a waste thing buying crafts things like threads..You can always utilise them to make some beautiful articrafts and decorate your home :)

10. meghanakulkarni

meghanakulkarni New IL'ite

I dont know if it sounds wierd, But i do spend a lot on Gadgets, I go ga ga over gadgets.