Where do you think you waste money a lot??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by spuppala, Dec 4, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hello dear,

Welcome to you..
    Let us make your confessions work better for you this time :)
    Take the help of your hubby when you feel like buying one.Ask him to warn or for that matter ask him to scold you when you attempt to buy such products.Thing is if you buy them in large quantities,they would easily get expired before you open the seal itself.

Hmm..Eating out is one thing which most of us repeat many times.Chalk out the reasons for why you are going out for dinner.though it sounds silly,I pack always pack lunch/dinner when we go out on weekends..Seriously it saves us lot of money and also reduce the health risks..We definitely need to rely on burgers,fries which are very high in calories outside.If you are going for shopping,keep 2 apples and few nuts in your bag.they really help a lot..

Best of luck to you :)

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi rnair,

congrats on your featured blog :)
    Hmm...this thread is aimed for both confessions and realisations :)Atleast we get to know where are we wasting money..once the problem is identified clearly we can think of the solutions.

Clothes- A bad investment I say..and that too for toddlers too many of them are merely waste as they grow pretty faster.Books-don't worry ya they are a good investment for broadening child's mind.If you feel they occupy much space after reading,try giving it to the neddy people or donate them to any local library :)

Yes you are right..planning always yields good results-be it in kitchen or elsewhere ..Appreciate your husband for the no-food-wastage policy:) please join the thread Say No to food wastage-Challaneg?

thanks for the tip rnair..Please keep adding more..

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Friends,

Once we know where are we wasting money,it is easy for us to plan things. Simple pleasures are not to be ignored for the sake of money but to much of anything is too much ofcourse..

Here am summing up various areas where all of us are wasting money so that we can get some basic idea.

1. Shopping clothes too much than required.
    2. Wasting groceries and food in the kitchen.
    3. Buying things which are not the need of the hour
    4. Eating out in large frequency.
    5. Electronic Gadgets.
    6. Toys
    7. Excess of cosmetic goods and accessories

If we can start saving money by avoiding this excess expenditure it would really help a lot for our kid's future.Am not telling that we should leave out our pleasures in life..:)

Its better we invest on gold or silver instead of wasting money on these things.Whatever quantity it might be just buy it and store.Gold never cheats you :) This way at least you cab get rid of the habit of buying unnecessary things that make you guilt soon after you do.

Ladies,keep sharing where you tend to waste your money a lot..so that it helps us all to identify and rectify the monetary problems..

4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

writing in a dairy, all the items bought that day and also the cost will make u spend less by reminding next time ;) try..

even i have to:hide:

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi uniquelady..

Your username is very unique :)
    Oh thats a great tip dear..but most of us I believe they have time to write dairy(I have)..But for those who use it.. definitely it helps..My grandfather used to do it..even he spends 5rs on rickshaw he would note it down..Very useful trick actually..

Thanks a lot dear..

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I think I will take ur suggestion of fixing a quoto for a fixed period. Looks like that will be a good way to resist myself!!! Goodluck to u too!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear Spuppala,
    Started following you in various threads now.

Ya, me too end up doing unneccessary shopping almost every week or once in 10-14 days. Of late I have grown in to a shopaholic. But there are days when I would go for window shopping too with my neighbours in between. But if I go with my DH I see that I buy something before I return because I can spend in his money and dont like to touch mine.

I also end up over-stocking the fridge and sometimes my veggies would shrink after a few days. And my DH would take photos of those shrinked veggies and store them in his mobile, and show me often laughing and saying "See you have made ash gourd a cucumber and tomato a strawberry. No one can beat you in converting one vegetable in to another without farming."

He would advice me not to stock the fridge for more than a week. But sometimes its due to the unneccessary hotel expenditure that the veggies go shrinking in size.

After reading your thread I feel that I should control myself. Will try. But I have often told myself that I will try. This time I should try really to control myself shopping.

1 person likes this.
  8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear...Lets rock :)

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Tinku,

Am happy that you are here dear:)

Firstly ,am unable to resist my laugh for the fantastic joke you have shared with us.The vegetable shrinking..tomato to strawberry..Ha ha..very hilarious dear..Probably your husband is doing a fruitful comedy so that you can enjoy as well as realise that you are wasting the veggies :) A very funny way :)Kudos to your husband :)

If you feel like shopping go with little money in your purse and strictly without cards!!you can enjoy a lot with window shopping wearing all the clothes in trial rooms and clicking you in diff outfits ;) Keep a quota for a month and try not crossing it..

Would love to hear about your improvement in controlling yourselves soon ..:)

10. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

i waste on clothes, facial/hair creams.. atleast i use the clothes but i never use the cream regularly and hence the purpose is lost.. my hubby waste money on buying snacks from outside..

in order to reduce, we created a excel and everyday we right our expense including petrol, juice/cofee cost at office.. at the end of month, when it crosses big amount, we identify unwanted entries in red and tell we should reduce these next month.. we have succeeded in few but not all..